Superjack DG-120

andy29

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm motorised dish, sky minidish, skystar 2, foxsat hd, comag sl65, pace prima, pace 2200 sky box
My Location
Hampshire, England
After a while of working fine, for some reason all of the positions of my motor seem to have shifted east - again. It has definately not moved on the pole.

It would be nice if I could finally get this sorted once and for all O-Ha

My motor is a Superjack DG-120, exactly the same as this. Can I ask anyone who knows about or has one of these motors, should it be able to go directly to angles, ie. circled in the first picture below? Mine (sort of) seems to but I would like to know for sure.

If I set my location to zero degrees west/east, and send the motor to zero degrees, it does not go to the zero marked on it - see the second picture below. Is this right? Surely it should be dead on?

If it does support angles, I'll have to turn it slightly on the pole, but at least it will be as it should be.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Is 0 degrees your longitude?

Normally sending the motor to zero should do it, but if it doesn't, then sometimes you can do a reset with the buttons on the remote.

andy29

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm motorised dish, sky minidish, skystar 2, foxsat hd, comag sl65, pace prima, pace 2200 sky box
My Location
Hampshire, England
Thanks, no, I'm actually at -1.7 degrees. I just wanted to see what happened if I set everything back to zero. How would I reset it with the buttons? The manual doesn't say anything.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, I meant to type "the buttons on the motor". :)

Not all motors can do this though.

Enter your longitude correctly in the receiver and it may go back to zero when you ask it.

If it doesn't, change to DiseqC 1.2 and manually take it to zero.

andy29

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hampshire, England
But no matter what I do, it never goes back to the zero marked on the motor.

How do you mean to take it to zero - move it to position zero, an then correct it with the buttons? Move it to zero degrees? Then do I save it as position zero?

Sorry, it's probably obvious, but I'm still a noob at this. Thanks for your help :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Does the motor have buttons on it?

andy29

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hampshire, England
Yes, two - move to east, move to west. No LEDs though.

andy29

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hampshire, England
(Seven months later... :) )

I just tried a little something.

I set my longitude to 0 degrees. When sent to position 0, the dish moves to (very roughly) ten degrees west as marked physically on the motor. When sent to angle 0 degrees, it moves to the same place.

Then I set my longitude to 20 degrees east. Now when sent to position 0, it moves to the same place as before - but sending it to angle 0 moves it roughly twice as far west as before.

Makes sense to me. Angles, but not positions, should change with longitude, as the motor is calculating them (?). But it seems that the motor's position zero... is not zero! If your longitude is set to 0 degrees and you send the motor to 0 degrees, shouldn't it go to 0 degrees?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You probably need to drive the motor with the buttons onboard to 0 on the motor scale, then if it has a small reset hole next to one of the buttons, reset it with a steel pin and reset your receiver.

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
The Jaegar Superjack DG-120 does not have the reset facility that the Motecks have. Just two buttons, drive east and drive west.
Drive the motor, via the receiver to zero. With a spirit level on the mounting stub drive the motor with the buttons until the mounting stub is dead upright. Then go back to your receiver and highlight re-calculate and press OK.
All should be correct from now on.
PR

andy29

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hampshire, England
Thanks, I did try that quickly today before it decided to rain, and it still refused to change. But I will try it properly if I can tomorrow :)

Just a thought though - could this be anything to do with the adjustment that can be made on the back of the motor?

andy29

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hampshire, England
Thanks, but it still refuses to change :(
And I don't know what the adjustment on the back is for, it seems to do nothing.

For the moment I just set my position to 0 E/W and 0 N/S, then sent it to 0 degrees and position 0.

What you see on the left gives what you see on the right...

Why am I starting to get the feeling that the motor is faulty?

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
Sorry that it did not work for you, it did for me that's why I posted.
PR