Swedish TV in Canary Islands?

Peroxide

Member
My Satellite Setup
Astra 19.2E
Digital+ Spain & iPlus HD-receiver
My Location
Gran Canaria, Spain
Hi, my first post here!

I live in the Canary Islands (South Gran Canaria to be more specific), and I'm wondering if someone here knows anything about receiving Swedish tv from Canal Digital down here?
Like, how big dish would I need to get the Thor 0.8W beams for example? What LNB etc...

Thanks in advance!
 
The Thor 5 T2 beam is a possibility. According to the Lyngsat maps, a 1.2m should do. You can forget the T1 & T3 beams with any sensible sized dish.

_http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/thor5.html
 
Ok, thanks for the info!
But where can I find out wich channels are on the T2 beam? Tried Google, but couldn't really find anything.
And the other beams, what do you think about size... 2 meters? 3 meters? Or more?
 
This page will give you the details. :) _http://www.lyngsat.com/1west.html Far right column for beams.
 
There is very little on the T2 beam. A couple of HDTV channels & one scrambled Danish mux. Which contains the not very fascinating Poker Channel fta..
 
Thanks!
Well, will have to look for a big dish as possible then.. cause it seems like the most interesting stuff is on the T1 beam :(

Another question... is it possible to receive both from Thor and Astra 19.2E from the same dish? Is this what Diseqc switches are for? Or will I need two separate dishes?
 
Its doubtful even the biggest hobby sized dish will give you anything useful, but best of luck. Please let us know how you get on - every reception report from extreme fringe areas is useful to build up the forum knowledge base.
 
This is extreme out of footprint and indeed unpredictable. The only information for Spain mainland i have is this here:
_http://forum.dxtv.de/wbb/thread.php?threadid=13288
3.1m in Barcelona (user Hhalb) does not get the vertical transponders 1,4,5 but very strong signal on 11325H. In Alicante the 11247V comes in stronger than from Thor 2 before on 4.5m.
Another topic for Thor 5 in Spain is _http://nowsat.mforos.com/26359/7193418-thor-5/ but up to now i cannot see any big dish results there. I just asked. Probably anyone knows more.
 
Back
Top