T-rex CAM not reading new sly white cards!!

hiohaa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
vu duo
My Location
england
Hi,

anyone please please help.
its predator v 3.54 0311

loads of other people are having similar problems.

Can someone please please tell me:
a. whether this can be fixed with a firmware update or whatever.
b. if not, if my t-rex cam will never be able to decode my new sly white card..........what will.
Just tell me what works out there and i'll buy it! please.

A nonymous

Reaction score
You need a Dreambox ( Most linux based receivers work )or a Sky Digibox :D

I don't know of anything else that works at the moment :mad:

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Hi ..
Diablo cam running Horizons ...clears the FTV stuff on the new white freesat card ..
I use it for CH4HD
Chances are it will work with full subs white card..
rgds
VS

excalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hotbird
exp pro
My Location
Scotland
the white card works in the technomate 6000hd card slot and will work with the diablo cam in the 6000hd and the technomate 5400ci
i would imagine it will work in other boxes that has the ci if you are using the diablo
provide you are a subscriber to sky you will get all that is on the package
You will only get free to view if you are not a subscriber
If it is a live card and you dont subscribe you will eventually lose the encrypted channels
the advantage with the technomate 6000hd is you can take your card abroad and use it in one of these boxes something you cant do with another skybox
It realy shouldnt bother sky because you are paying the bill for viewing although it would be better if they didnt know
DONT ROCK THE BOAT cue for a movie

excalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hotbird
exp pro
My Location
Scotland
As ive said the technomate 6000hd card slot and the diablo see the white card in the 6000hd and the 5400ci if its put in a diablo cam
this is true as im using it right now but i dont subscribe so i only get free to view but it will give you the bundle if you subscribe to sky via another box and the good news is it sees any skycard
Sky have no reason to complain if you are paying the bill

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
Apparently the Diablo will NOT decrypt Premium channels (Sky Movies and Sky Sports)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
excalibur said:
Sky have no reason to complain if you are paying the bill

Actually they do - their transmission agreements with the programme providers only cover the UK :D

Try telling Sky that you are living the wrong side of the English Channel and see how fast your card is switched off :D

jsimo01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM800 HD - Sky HD Subscription, Technotrend S2-3200 PCI card.
My Location
East Anglia
You can also set up a virtual linux card server using vmware and an omnikey 3121 USB card reader (cheaper than phoenix reader). You will find a tutorial here - http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/dreambox-general/155494-how-setup-linux-pc-card-server.html

If you're using DVBViewer google Hadu, it is a windows CCcam client and works pretty well, also works with MediaPortal (with MDapi plugin) I think.

Simply download vmware player (freeware) and follow the link to download an OS (I opted for ubuntu, as I'm familiar and prefer a GUI, if you're OK with command line input then opt for something like Clarkconnect or ubuntu server) download NewCS 1.67 and CCcam 2.11.

There are tutorials for installing CCcam on ubuntu that I found very helpful on another european cs site (find them with google) and you'll still need to update your card in the SkyHD box but this is far cheaper than a dreambox as server; I spent £7.50 for two card readers on well known auction site.

clarkey2r

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hopefully : Sky HD Full suscription to MediaPortal TV server to all TV's in house!!
My Location
Sheffield
jsimo01 said:
You can also set up a virtual linux card server using vmware and an omnikey 3121 USB card reader (cheaper than phoenix reader). You will find a tutorial here - http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/dreambox-general/155494-how-setup-linux-pc-card-server.html

If you're using DVBViewer google Hadu, it is a windows CCcam client and works pretty well, also works with MediaPortal (with MDapi plugin) I think.

Simply download vmware player (freeware) and follow the link to download an OS (I opted for ubuntu, as I'm familiar and prefer a GUI, if you're OK with command line input then opt for something like Clarkconnect or ubuntu server) download NewCS 1.67 and CCcam 2.11.

There are tutorials for installing CCcam on ubuntu that I found very helpful on another european cs site (find them with google) and you'll still need to update your card in the SkyHD box but this is far cheaper than a dreambox as server; I spent £7.50 for two card readers on well known auction site.

Have you got this setup with media portal?
Would you be able to write a quick guide?

Cheers!!

jsimo01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East Anglia
I have not tried it myself but Hadu is reportedly working with Mediaportal and the MDapi plugin.

Googling finds this: _http://www.satdudez.org/forum/showthread.php?p=653639

I think you just put the files hadu.dll and hadu.ini (with your server details instead of normal c line) in the plugins folder (TVServer side I presume or wherever MDApi is?)

I use DVBViewer as it is more stable than MediaPortal, although MP 1.02 is a lot better than some of the earlier releases it still suffers from occasional crashes and missed recordings.

Server line should be something like
Code:
[Serv_1]
Server=CCCam:192.168.1.10:12000:0:user1:pass1

It equates to Server=Protocol:IPAddress:CCCamPortNo:0:username:password

clarkey2r

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hopefully : Sky HD Full suscription to MediaPortal TV server to all TV's in house!!
My Location
Sheffield
jsimo01 said:
I have not tried it myself but Hadu is reportedly working with Mediaportal and the MDapi plugin.

Googling finds this: _http://www.satdudez.org/forum/showthread.php?p=653639

I think you just put the files hadu.dll and hadu.ini (with your server details instead of normal c line) in the plugins folder (TVServer side I presume or wherever MDApi is?)

I use DVBViewer as it is more stable than MediaPortal, although MP 1.02 is a lot better than some of the earlier releases it still suffers from occasional crashes and missed recordings.

Server line should be something like
Code:
[Serv_1]
Server=CCCam:192.168.1.10:12000:0:user1:pass1

It equates to Server=Protocol:IPAddress:CCCamPortNo:0:username:password

I am working (I think) with NewCS but I cant find how to install CCcam? Can you please point me in the right direction?

jsimo01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East Anglia
If I remember correctly you need to download the binary and copy/chmod 755 to /EMU and put your CCcam.cfg in /var/etc on your server.

assuming your just using the default ports all you should need is an N line and F Line, the C line being utilised in Hadu.ini

edit: now use DM800 and xbmc, so no longer using this solution, but it worked very well while I was using DVBViewer for capturing DVB-S streams. MP has always been quite buggy - lot's of missed recordings and slow channel changes between SD & HD channels.

clarkey2r

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sheffield
when I try and run cccam start (from _http://www.filsat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9349 this guide) i get the following error 'bash: /bin/cccam: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

any ideas?

clarkey2r

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sheffield
when I try and run cccam start (from _http://www.filsat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9349 this guide) i get the following error 'bash: /bin/cccam: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

any ideas?

jsimo01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East Anglia
line 9 of the script is the location of the CCcam binary, are they correct to what you have on your server, (this looks like the tutorial I used).

how are you editing the script, i used gedit.

jsimo01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East Anglia
line 9 of the script is the location of the CCcam binary, are they correct to what you have on your server, (this looks like the tutorial I used).

how are you editing the script, i used gedit.

CPN

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HDR, Sky Digibox (Pace)
My Location
Central Scotland
Vipersan said:
Hi ..
Diablo cam running Horizons ...clears the FTV stuff on the new white freesat card ..
I use it for CH4HD
Chances are it will work with full subs white card..
rgds
VS
Which version of the Horizon are you using? The new white card does NOT work in a Diablo (not 2) CAM with v1.04

hiohaa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
vu duo
My Location
england
Please guys help me.

All this technical speak is driving me crazy. I mean whats with all the code - look im willing to learn, honestly. but please tell me physically what equipment I need so I can use my sly card.

My current setup is a technotrend S2 internal PCI tuner card. Attached to it via IDE cable is a T-rex cam module - This used to be able to decrypt the blue card, but not this white one - in dvbviewer it simply says 'unknown'.

So please. Tell me what equipment I need to decrypt this new card.

1 - Is there a CAM module that WILL decrypt a white card - that I can simply connect, via IDE, into my technotrend tuner card, and all will be perfect again?
2 - if there is NO cam module that will decrypt, what is the solution?

please i would really appreciate some help - the equipment needed, and a step by step guide on how.

thank you.