T-Rex SuperModule 4.6 - Tools

nsharma

Reaction score
Hi,

I wonder if you can please help with the following questions, about upgrading from a Dragon CAM to the latest T-Rex Supermodule (I think that this version is 4.6):-

Which software tools (eg. DragonCrypt, SHAID CA / BISS / DCW Editors, ) which are normally designed for the Dragon CAM, but are compatible with the latest T-Rex Supermodule 4.6 CAM?

What features and functionaility / channels does the T-Rex Supermodule 4.6 CAM provide extra over and beyond the Dragon CAM?

I believe you can use the same programmers (eg. CAS 2 plus addon, Infinity USB-Serial or CAS-3, firmware updates / checkers). Some sponsor websites advertise a special bundle of the latest T-Rex Supermodule 4.6 CAM, Dragon loader card and programmer (looks like an Infinity programmer). What's everone's opinion on this bundle?

Are updates for the T-Rex Supermodule 4.6 CAM frequently available and not likely to "dry up" in the near future?

Are there any later versions of the T-Rex Supermodule 4.6 CAM scheduled for release in the near future?

Will both the Dragon and T-Rex Supermodule 4.6 CAM co-exist in either of the slots for an Echostar DVR 7000VA satellite receiver?

Many thanks in advance, for all your help.

With kind regards.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi nsharma,
the only thing the T-Rex 4.6 will give you extra is Cabo, 30W, as most of the other keys are currently public and work on most platforms.
You can use all the tools, associated with the old Dragon Cam, with the new 4.6, as the only difference seems to be the secure chip, for non-public keys, which is why you can load both Predasaur and Predator files on the T-Rex 4.6.
At present it is not worth investing in the T-Rex 4.6, unless you desperately want Cabo, as I don't think we'll get TPS on the T-Rex 4.6 considering keys need to be updated everyday.
My T-Rex 4.6 doesn't work with my older Dragon Cam, in my receiver.
My advice is to wait and see what develops.
Best wishes
Mickha

nsharma

Reaction score
Hi Mickha,

Many thanks for the advise - it is appreciated.

With kind regards.