CHONG SPARKS

Reaction score
Website
www.xbox360-uk.com
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+super
My Location
england
ive read on these forums that this is a good cam to get... im new to all this so i will apologise in advance if my questions are abit dumb but please help me anyways...
> im going to upgrade to hd reciever do i get the hummex or the fortec star passion, they both have ci.
> i have no idea about the programming of the cams also the blank cards that i have to programe so help is needed on this subject, ive been searching the web for 3 days on and of for about 12 hours but cant find a real how to guide and where all the files come from...so if some 1 could point me in the right direction i would much appreciate it.
> finally can i view encrypted channels with this piece of kit mentioned above like adult channels and also view channel 4 and 5..

hope ive not broke any rules posting this, sorry if i have, its my first post

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
If you haven't got a programmer I would recommend the Cas 3 +, this will program cards and Cams, and is very easy to use.
Official support for the T-Rex 4.6 supermodule seems to have ended, and you can pick up the same channels on any older Dragon Cam. The best Cam, at the moment, is the Diablo, it opens more channels, is cheaper, and currently has more support.
Channel 4 and 5 are both part of S*y, so you will need to subscribe, to get these channels on satellite, but you can get them free using your aerial and a freeview box, providing you're in an area with a good freeview signal.
There are not a lot of choices yet for HD boxes, but many companies are supposed to be releasing some, but as of yet they haven't materialised, maybe in a few months in time for the Christmas market.
To view encrypted channels you have to rely on what's available at the time, at the moment we have a great selection of channels including, Digital +, Premiere, TV Cabo and TPS, but these won't stay open forever and there will be times when we don't have as many options, just remember this is a hobby and we are not guaranteed open channels.
There is always the option to subscribe to other packages, like DigitAlb, which provides sport, films and mature content channels.

CHONG SPARKS

Reaction score
Website
www.xbox360-uk.com
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+super
My Location
england
thanks for that mate.
what will the diablo open up in terms of channels ?:)
also is it the diablo light cam that you mentioned above or is this a different cam :)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
The Diablo light cam currently opens these packages, Premiere, D+, TV Cabo and TPS.
The Diablo has 2 different versions:
Diablo light, a normal cam like the Dragon, T-Rex.
Diablo Wireless, which has a base unit sending signals to 2, or more, cams.
Most people just use the Diablo light version.