Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Any owners of the T-Rex Supermodule 4.6, might have heard some rumours over the weekend of a new Predasaur 2.08 due out, for anyone who has read or heard of these rumours I'll try to clarify what is going on.
As owners know, Premiere changed their key recently, and although the Diablo Cam and the Anaconda card quickly brought out new files, within 2 hours, the Dragon team, as of yet, have not.
This has left a void and a chance for some unscrupulous people to produce some unfounded rumours and some fake files, please do not load any Predasaur 2.08 files onto your cam, they are fake.
One of the rumours was that you will have to return the Cam for an upgrade, this has been dismissed by some people in the know, who have also confirmed that a new Predasaur file is due, so please be patient and wait for the official file.
Best wishes
Mickha

yeahman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
newbie deciding what to get
My Location
london
Hi

Please explain to me why it's not advisable to load the incorrect software onto your cam?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi yeahman,
most fake files wont do any harm, they are just renamed older files, but some in the past have been malicious and designed to kill a Cam or loader card, if you use a firmware chacker, like DCP09 or Dragoncrypt to verify the checksum, then the worse you should get is an Invalid Image message, but if you don't check the firmware then you are taking a risk.
Best wishes
Mickha

digi24

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fixed reception from: *28*19*16*13*9
*Panasonic TUDSB40*
*Topfield 5000 PVR*
*Humax HD1000*
*Sky Digital subscription*
*Dragon 4.1*
*T-Rex supermodule*
*Diablo 2.3*
*Diablo 2*
*ADSL 24Mbps*
My Location
Athens/Greece
Thank you Michka for the accurate information that you provide this board with !

Best,

Digi24