@ T_g

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Have you used flash wizzard pro to back up your images.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
john_graydon said:
Have you used flash wizzard pro to back up your images.

Oh yes I did. I ALWAYS back up the image before playing with it as it recovers everything including sat positions and motor settings. Why you asking? Got a problem getting it to work?

Just to clear things up: I have only used the 4.0 version, and I mainly use it to backup and recover. Sometimes I use it to reboot the box from the 'puter (is closer to the couch than having to get up)

Also, I tried a few times using it to install images and it always got stuck, so I don't use this anymore (I use Dreamuplan)

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
T_G said:
Oh yes I did. I ALWAYS back up the image before playing with it as it recovers everything including sat positions and motor settings. Why you asking? Got a problem getting it to work?

Just to clear things up: I have only used the 4.0 version, and I mainly use it to backup and recover. Sometimes I use it to reboot the box from the 'puter (is closer to the couch than having to get up)

Also, I tried a few times using it to install images and it always got stuck, so I don't use this anymore (I use Dreamuplan)

I wa asking because i seen somewhere that you cant use it for the 5620, but i tried it with the latest angharad image and it worked fine and also backed up ok too. Was looking for the post but could`nt find it.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
john_graydon said:
I wa asking because i seen somewhere that you cant use it for the 5620, but i tried it with the latest angharad image and it worked fine and also backed up ok too. Was looking for the post but could`nt find it.

Yes there are one or two posts or more that are worth keeping.
I have had this 1GB usb stick for a month and not used it to back up yet or store xtra bootable images.
I think the guide is on another forum and it looked messy.
I suspect there are clear instrcutions from one of our wizards in one of the threads I am sure.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
IHAD lists tested sticks. Also be careful to format in DB from FW or similar. Once formatted from Windows, it's reportedly very hard to recover for use by Linux.