• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

@ T_g

john_graydon

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#1
Have you used flash wizzard pro to back up your images.
 

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Messages
6,632
Likes
208
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
#2
john_graydon said:
Have you used flash wizzard pro to back up your images.
Oh yes I did. I ALWAYS back up the image before playing with it as it recovers everything including sat positions and motor settings. Why you asking? Got a problem getting it to work?

Just to clear things up: I have only used the 4.0 version, and I mainly use it to backup and recover. Sometimes I use it to reboot the box from the 'puter (is closer to the couch than having to get up)

Also, I tried a few times using it to install images and it always got stuck, so I don't use this anymore (I use Dreamuplan)
 

john_graydon

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#3
T_G said:
Oh yes I did. I ALWAYS back up the image before playing with it as it recovers everything including sat positions and motor settings. Why you asking? Got a problem getting it to work?

Just to clear things up: I have only used the 4.0 version, and I mainly use it to backup and recover. Sometimes I use it to reboot the box from the 'puter (is closer to the couch than having to get up)

Also, I tried a few times using it to install images and it always got stuck, so I don't use this anymore (I use Dreamuplan)

I wa asking because i seen somewhere that you cant use it for the 5620, but i tried it with the latest angharad image and it worked fine and also backed up ok too. Was looking for the post but could`nt find it.
 

haggard

Regular Member
Messages
467
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
#4
john_graydon said:
I wa asking because i seen somewhere that you cant use it for the 5620, but i tried it with the latest angharad image and it worked fine and also backed up ok too. Was looking for the post but could`nt find it.
Yes there are one or two posts or more that are worth keeping.
I have had this 1GB usb stick for a month and not used it to back up yet or store xtra bootable images.
I think the guide is on another forum and it looked messy.
I suspect there are clear instrcutions from one of our wizards in one of the threads I am sure.
 

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Messages
5,145
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
#5
IHAD lists tested sticks. Also be careful to format in DB from FW or similar. Once formatted from Windows, it's reportedly very hard to recover for use by Linux.