TBS 6925 PCi Card with hardware blind scan in DVB-S2 and DVB-S

Just tried again with the TBS card ..
TBS reader finds
an SDT PID..
CAT PID
and EIT PID ..
and no video at present..
???
..and the FEC has changed from 3/5 to 1/3 currently ..

The peak in the trace has gone from a nice 'hump' to a sharp spike ..

I would suggest this transponder is used for both video/audio AND data ..
Definately a custom format imo..

rgds
VS
..and the video just came back into the stream ..tho' I can't resolve it with VLC
 

Attachments

  • sis newsnet.webp
    sis newsnet.webp
    58.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Nice and strong 16APSK feed on 16e from TVR.

12611 V 1415 4/5 16APSK
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    54.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    88.1 KB · Views: 105
Well to my surprise I got things working allright. DVBDream, Crazyscan,Easyblindscan..Prog DVB7 works ok too, though I do not use that.I am still good at crashing DVBDream though.
I like to adjust my longtitude in Positioner to get the best signal.More often than not it crashes when I go to Options.That can need a reboot to get the motor running again.
I was depressed for awhile yesterday.I thought that I had bricked the TBS card.I also came across a odd one yesterday.
Rueters 22West. It clears perfectly with my TM5402HD.But with DBVDream\TBS6925 it is scrambled.First pic is from the TM.Rest from the TBS card.I have included the Constellation chart though I do not know what it is trying to tell me.
 

Attachments

  • Reuters1.webp
    Reuters1.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Reuters TV News_3380 11128_H_14299_20140319_192016.webp
    Reuters TV News_3380 11128_H_14299_20140319_192016.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Reuters2.webp
    Reuters2.webp
    73 KB · Views: 83
  • Reuters5.webp
    Reuters5.webp
    4.5 KB · Views: 71
In Constellation Monitor, below 'Stream To File', do you have any options set in the box below to invoke a reader, e.g TS Reader or VLC?
 
I have nothing set.The options are there.Upto now I am not using those programs.I have a long way to go yet.:)
 

Attachments

  • Reuters 6.webp
    Reuters 6.webp
    74.5 KB · Views: 55
T2MI stream from Russia on 11W but either my video decoding is broken or they're having problems. Second seems most likely since other H.264 channels elsewhere are fine in 4T2

12684 H 17141 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    86 KB · Views: 90
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    96.2 KB · Views: 82
relamp said:
...my video decoding is broken...

I hope not, but after symptoms, looks like it.In this regard I wish to be wrong.
I suggest to record with AltDVB a file of about 500 mb, then use the 4T2 Analyser.So you know if you have problem with video?
 

Attachments

  • 11686 V-PLP file.webp
    11686 V-PLP file.webp
    58.7 KB · Views: 68
  • plp 1.webp
    plp 1.webp
    134.2 KB · Views: 64
  • plp 2.webp
    plp 2.webp
    119.7 KB · Views: 68
  • plp 3.webp
    plp 3.webp
    194.9 KB · Views: 66
Got it working with the newest build!
 
Last edited:
T2MI stream from Russia on 11W but either my video decoding is broken or they're having problems. Second seems most likely since other H.264 channels elsewhere are fine in 4T2

12684 H 17141 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK

Thanks for the info inputs.

Struggling to find a download for the 4T2 prog.......site download does not work anymore.

¿Have U any idea of a site where I can obtain the 4T2 content analyser?

Thanks for that.

Enjoy your day.:)
 
Got it working with the newest build!
What update is that remlap? I'm on 0.9.44.758, but have similar issues as in your pic. No update available AFAIK.
 
Just the job. Cheers mate.
 
As I have said often enough, I am good at crashing DVBDream.Mainly when using Postioner to alter my longtitude.
I have found that it crashes when the transponder that I am on has no signal.If it is a live transponder no problem.
Normally when it crashes, the screen does a white out and freezes.I am on 11 West just now.On this I get BSD.
No problem with a live transponder though.

Another problem sorted.:)
Memo to me Remember to be on a live transponder.:)
 
As I have said often enough, I am good at crashing DVBDream.Mainly when using Postioner to alter my longtitude.
I have found that it crashes when the transponder that I am on has no signal.If it is a live transponder no problem.
Normally when it crashes, the screen does a white out and freezes.I am on 11 West just now.On this I get BSD.
No problem with a live transponder though.

Another problem sorted.:)
Memo to me Remember to be on a live transponder.:)

Happens here too at times with DVBDream !

Enjoy your weekend :)
 
Fine Living Network. Dubbed in Italian. Normally encrypted on other sats.

HB 13C 11919V SR 27500 FEC 2/3 ACM PLS Root 8 MIS2
 

Attachments

  • vlcsnap-2014-03-26-20h51m33s218.webp
    vlcsnap-2014-03-26-20h51m33s218.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 58
I've been talking with Ekkehard Domning over at ABC and it turns out you can stream outwards using UDP so you can use VLC instead of direct show codecs.

Seems obvious now.
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    88.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    78.5 KB · Views: 87
It's like the good old days of early AVC / H.264 HD tests. I've been playing around with a transport stream of Eutelsat HEVC / H.265 that was up on 10E last year.

Got some pictures from it on MPC from LAV filters, but still no-where near smooth playback.
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    400.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    296.5 KB · Views: 56
I've been talking with Ekkehard Domning over at ABC and it turns out you can stream outwards using UDP so you can use VLC instead of direct show codecs.

Seems obvious now.

Thanks @remplap. Now I don't have to struggle any more with 4T2's badly implemented direct show ;)

As a proof of concept a screen shot with 2 transponders simultaneously at 11W.

Left: 11653H ->Prof7500 -> Crazyscan -> TCP ->TSReader
Right: 11685H -> TBS5925 -> ESBpro -> UDP -> 4T2_T2-MI -> UDP -> TSReader
 

Attachments

  • Snap132.webp
    Snap132.webp
    250.3 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top