TBS 6925 PCi Card with hardware blind scan in DVB-S2 and DVB-S

Not seen a 32APSK feed for two years since TV2GO over at 22w for NFL.
 
BlindFaith said:
...With a card like TBS5/6925 you can lock the carriers and make some guessings about the content

If you've got a high Data Rate on the transponder with Continous stream, you have the chance to see what the media content is and what is the provider of that stream,but also to have some luck the video pid is not coded.So it's not a guessing,in the example given by me on 12657 V-27.5W,is a stream from Espresso TV Ukraine,as you can see after the Logo in picture.
Unfortunately, I have met many media streams which had the video pid encoded,but in most cases audio pid is in clear,such as the one at 100.5 E-12463 V.
But to see such Continous stream smoothly,you need a dedicated PCI modulator, such as those from Dektek .
 

Attachments

  • Еспресо TV – stream.webp
    Еспресо TV – stream.webp
    58 KB · Views: 74
  • 256 -video pid-12657 V-37.5W.webp
    256 -video pid-12657 V-37.5W.webp
    77.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 2048 video pid encoded-12463 V-100.5E.webp
    2048 video pid encoded-12463 V-100.5E.webp
    64.5 KB · Views: 68
  • TS file audio.webp
    TS file audio.webp
    53.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 12462 V -ACM stream Continous.webp
    12462 V -ACM stream Continous.webp
    66.8 KB · Views: 55
I bet you can't upload a chunk of 2 seconds continuous video ;)

The reason that Transedit's analyser shows the PIDs is a badly implemented TS_sync detection. Try TSReader or other analysers. These are internet streams (provider: ffmpeg, gooogle) with ts_packets embedded in a continuous stream. To read a PAT a single ts_packet will do cos a section fits in a single packet. Likewise with other tables.

It reminds me of the early attempts (10 years ago) to extract jpegs and other files from ts in IP/DVB mode.
 
I bet you can't upload a chunk of 2 seconds continuous video ;)

Hi BlindFaith,

no, not in every case. One example >>> Link: "youtube.com/watch?v=vYgHgynCpgM"

Best Regards
dx qwer.
 
well, sometimes the streams are incorrectly flagged as continuous or ts. If it's TS, you should be able to see a correct analysis without many missing packets ;)
 
@Llew ..
Trying to analyse that SiS ka band A stream (found the other night) ..but damned if I can get the TBS card to produce a response from the 4T2 analyser ..
Still have it installed ..using the 5th dropdown slot on crazyscan softeware ..UDP selected port 6969 IP 127.0.0.1
..UDP output selected in crazyscan ...
but no stream to 4T2 ..it remains inert 'waiting' for input.
Am I doing something very wrong ? ..or perhaps it was only a test software and the licence is expired ?
can you help buddy ?
I once had this working but not any more.

currently using TS Reader ..and did manage a brief image sort of ..
perhaps I just need more signal ..but that's my limit approx 7.5 db currently..
here is the capture.
A start I guess..
Cheltenham perhaps ?
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • sis.webp
    sis.webp
    67.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Is that the one on 19.2E VS, 18557V?
 
Vipersan may I try to help you too? ;)
What do you see in the left bottom of 4T2 near License, is it a dash ( - ) or a letter.
If a dash, you're license is not valid. If you had 4T2 working before, remove any USB stick or other hardware attached since the 4T2 installation.
It happens to me all the time (USB harddisk), it's inconvenient, but that's just how 4T2's license works.
 
Vipersan may I try to help you too? ;)
What do you see in the left bottom of 4T2 near License, is it a dash ( - ) or a letter.
If a dash, you're license is not valid. If you had 4T2 working before, remove any USB stick or other hardware attached since the 4T2 installation.
It happens to me all the time (USB harddisk), it's inconvenient, but that's just how 4T2's license works.
Assuming it is a license issue ..and I suspect your right mate ..will uninstalling and re-installing fix this ?
I have no idea if anything new USB wise has been installed since ..
I use this PC for my work as well ..so allsorts of stuff gets plugged and unplugged all the time..
What sort of software doesn't cater for usb plugging ..
Stupid I calls it..
rgds
VS
 
Sadly 9.1dB in Crazyscan doesn't seem to be enough to lock that one VS. Penthouse locks on 6.2 :-doh
.
 
Sadly 9.1dB in Crazyscan doesn't seem to be enough to lock that one VS. Penthouse locks on 6.2 :-doh
.
Well ..it's borderline for me too Llew ..but the SL3 does appear to get a grip occasionally..
Keep trying mate ...You have had higher levels than me at 9.1db.

just had a quick flash of inspiration ..either that or stupidity ..
Don't suppose this feed is circular ?
By switching between H and V on the SL3 ..I effectively switch LHC and RHC ..
but would they mix Linear and circular on the same sats transponders ?
rgds
VS
 
Last edited:
On the license issue, we shall not complain since 4T2 is free!
If you can't remember or go back to your PC hardware at the time of install of 4T2, do NOT reinstall 4T2 it won't work, instead request a new license key and install that, the way you did in the beginning. Only this time, remember your PC configuration, probably leaving USB sticks out! ;)
 
I've given up trying to get 4T2 going again ..
No facility to re licence from the current installed app ..so had no choice but to remove it ...download again and re-install ..
This didn't help as again ..no facility to re licence or reactivate ..
Not even possible to buy this app ..and probably wayy to expensive anyway ..
So I guess thats me done..
I had no coice but make hardware changes recently as my hard drive was dying ..
This could have been a factor ..as I just cloned it to a new drive.
pity but there it is.

rgds
VS
 
A related question to my analyser problem ..
I want to try another software (openeye) but all slots are currently assigned ..
How do I delete or change the software being called automatically ..
Easy enough to assign ..but how to reassign.
For example ..crazyscan currently calls 4T2 which is linked to slot 'Analyser 4' ..but how do I delete this ' linked auto activation' and re-assign the Analyser 4 slot to say ..openeye ?
prolly somethink simple ..but for the life of me I can't see it..
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • Analyser A.webp
    Analyser A.webp
    122.4 KB · Views: 59
That feed should be OK for locking for me I would think VS, currently over 11dB, but still no go.
 

Attachments

  • 19E Feed.webp
    19E Feed.webp
    176.7 KB · Views: 56
That feed should be OK for locking for me I would think VS, currently over 11dB, but still no go.
No idea then Llew ..
Only sporadic images on the F15 currently 7.5db
The channel lock however remains solid.
so I would have thought you'd get at least occasional images on your TBS
There is something odd about this newsfeed thats for sure..
May well be a special..
rgds
VS
 
A related question to my analyser problem ..
I want to try another software (openeye) but all slots are currently assigned ..
How do I delete or change the software being called automatically ..
Easy enough to assign ..but how to reassign.
For example ..crazyscan currently calls 4T2 which is linked to slot 'Analyser 4' ..but how do I delete this ' linked auto activation' and re-assign the Analyser 4 slot to say ..openeye ?
prolly somethink simple ..but for the life of me I can't see it..
rgds

A related question to my analyser problem ..
I want to try another software (openeye) but all slots are currently assigned ..
How do I delete or change the software being called automatically ..
Easy enough to assign ..but how to reassign.
For example ..crazyscan currently calls 4T2 which is linked to slot 'Analyser 4' ..but how do I delete this ' linked auto activation' and re-assign the Analyser 4 slot to say ..openeye ?
prolly somethink simple ..but for the life of me I can't see it..
rgds
VS
Just go to your Crazyscan.ini file and delete the current exe file Analyser 4 is pointing to and replace with OpenEye/dvbanalyser.exe.

Tried OpenEye from Crazyscan, but just get 'Can't Start Stream Analyser', so perhaps it doesn't work with TBS drivers?
Go to Crazyscan ini file and delete the exe file Analyser 4 is pointing to, and replace with /OpenEye/dvbanalyser.exe.

OpenEyeDoesn't work from Crazyscan for me, just get 'Can't start Analyser' or some such. Maybe doesn't work with TBS driver?
 
Last edited:
Thanks for that Llew ..
Oh well ..thank gawd I still have TS Reader..
Pity there isn't a 'lite' version of 4T2 I could actually purchase.
doh!
 
Back
Top