TBS 6925 PCi Card with hardware blind scan in DVB-S2 and DVB-S

Just out of curiosity ..is it possible to actually buy 4T2 ..thus able to reinstall if one makes hardware changes ..
Which I do all too frequently ..
The freebie was great but as I've mentioned already I have recently made major hardware changes ..
For example ...a new larger hard drive so as to be able to dual boot XP and win7 ...and I am always trying new usb dongles ...
Also added a pci Sil chip based card to allow a usb connected 10 TB drive enclosure ..
These changes rendered 4T2 non functional.
Such a pity ..but I can't go-back ..and cannot re-activate 4T2.
I believe it does some sort of harware checksum at the point of installation ..thus any major hardware changes stop it fuctioning ..
Since you have Ekkehards ear Remlap ...could you ask about these problems ?
rgds
VS
 
Hi VS I will link him to this thread, but you can contact him yourself via email.

edomning@4T2.eu
 
Got a reply, sorry for double posting..

Hi Patrick,
two possible solutions
- use the automated license generator. This will give you a new license corresponding to the new hardware id within some minutes. Very often the system toggles with two or three different ids, so changes become rare and rare
- use the possibility to bind the license to a memory stick instead of the hardware id generated by the computers configuration. This blocks one of the usb ports. The license files could also placed on the memory stick, allowing the license to be used on more than one PC. This kind of license is limited to one year, but could be update frequently.

Best regards
Ekkehard
 
Got a reply, sorry for double posting..
Sounds like a way forward ..
Now I just have to work out how to do this ..once I've finished adding new hardware to my main pc ..
All this cos I needed the 10TB storage connected ..and XP support is being terminated..
Then again ..it could be the various USB dongles I use for SDR radio..
rgds
VS
 
Is there a preferred driver version for the TBS-6925 card and windows 7 64bit?

I installed v1.0.1.22 and found that a blind scan with TBS Blind Scan was not capturing some transponders. After uninstalling driver v1.0.1.22 and installing v1.0.1.18 TBS Blind Scan picked up the missing transponders.

Having read the complete thread, the last reference I can find about drivers was that v1.0.1.17 was causing CrazyScan to run slow but v1.0.1.16 had CrazyScan running OK. I just wondered if there was evidence of a specific driver version being the best one?

Thx
 
Well, I guess that depends on your needs. Can't remember that TBS ever released good drivers. It's a trade off between speed and the capability to lock small band carriers with very low SR. That's why I still use 1.0.1.6 from 09-07-2012 ;)
 
/edit
I have the USB version 5925
 
16APSK from SRG they're a new one for me

12513 V 4150 3/4 8SPK 16APSK
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    92.1 KB · Views: 104
  • vlcsnap-2014-04-08-19h26m00s122.webp
    vlcsnap-2014-04-08-19h26m00s122.webp
    111.6 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
CRI over on 45w locking well on 11605 H 988 2/3 DVB-S
 
Last edited:
Man they're making things hard over at SRG

8W 12526 4150 3/4 DVB-S2 16APSK 4:2:2 H.264
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    55.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    92.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    94 KB · Views: 101
New Streamreader and Crazyscan versions available over at Rick's Wildfeed site -

Streamreader version 1.1.0.1172-mod
  • Fixed BDA filter connction in some cases.
  • Fixed bitrate calculation for cable/terresrial devices.
  • Fixed TS bus config for TeVii DS300x-based devices
  • Support for second-generation DS3103-based TeVii devices (S662, S482). Require driver 5.1.8.5+.
  • Minor fixes for LNB power control IC (LNBP21, LNBH23/24, IS6422/23)
Crazyscan version 1.0.1.99 (beta)
  • Save transponder info in various format
 
Nice idea that it can dump transponders after it's found them to a lot of formats.
 
Is there any way to get the output in an xml so enigma 2 boxes can read them, with out having to rewrite them out?
 
you could try EBSpro though I never used xml ;)
 

Attachments

  • Snap199.webp
    Snap199.webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 73
CrazyScan has the option Engima 2.
 
:-party1Crazyscan is brilliant, it's finding loads of things. Some says have new channels that I have never seen.

Many thanks for the recommendation I love it. :)
 
Would anyone please be able to help me to get the blind scan working in Crazy Scan with a TBS6925 card.

The card is installed and working OK and I can get CrazyScan to do a "Scan" OK but when I try to get Crazy Scan to do a "Blind Scan" I get a blind scan failed message.
Do I need to install another program or copy some more files to the root folder for Crazy Scan on my PC? I have copied streamreader.ini and streamreader.dll files to the CrazyScan root folder, plus I copied 8 x "requiredlibs" files to the Crazy Scan root folder.

Rgds
 
A quick crazyscan on 45 West before bed produced this.It is listed on flysat. Night Night.
11549 V 26100 3/4.
 

Attachments

  • 45W.webp
    45W.webp
    73.3 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top