Technical ( DIGITAL)

Shahid

Regular Member
Messages
610
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
#1
Dear 2old4this

My friend has the following setup;

PACE 500 analogue fixed to two satellites which are 19.2 degrees ASTRA)
and 13 degrees (HOTBIRD) Skydigital 28.2degrees.

QUESTION

As there are more channels now on the digital ASTRA 19.2 and HOTBIRD 13.0, would it be okay for him to unplug the PACE 500 and replace with a FTA digibox which supports the 2 LNB feeds.
Do the LNB's need changing as the HOTBIRD one is UNIVERSAL.
Would it be risky to try and do a LNB test by removing the skydigial cable and putting the 13.0 HOTBIRD cable in and tuning a digital channel at that location.

WOULD THE SYSTEM BLOW UP!!???

Shahid
 

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Messages
37,700
Likes
1,287
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
#2
>PACE 500 analogue fixed to two
>satellites which are 19.2 degrees
>ASTRA)
>and 13 degrees (HOTBIRD) Skydigital 28.2degrees.
>
>
>QUESTION
>
>As there are more channels now
>on the digital ASTRA 19.2
>and HOTBIRD 13.0, would it
>be okay for him to
>unplug the PACE 500 and
>replace with a FTA digibox
>which supports the 2 LNB
>feeds.
Yes Shahid, but a lot of the digital receivers have single LNB inputs only, instead using DiseqC switching, still does the same thing but uses a little external switch.

>Do the LNB's need changing as
>the HOTBIRD one is UNIVERSAL.

Universal is exactly what you need, you will need to replace the 19,2 one if it isn't universal.


>Would it be risky to try
>and do a LNB test
>by removing the skydigial cable
>and putting the 13.0 HOTBIRD
>cable in and tuning a
>digital channel at that location.
>
>WOULD THE SYSTEM BLOW UP!!???

Yes most definitely, but nice Mr Murdoch will replace it free of charge if it does :D

Only Joking, should have no problems at all.

Rolf

Thought I'd answer as 2old is probably busy writing Rant # 357590
 
Top