TechniSat SkyStar USB 2

jamesjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6900HD Super, Echostar 3600, H to H Jaeger Mount, Triax TD 110 Dish.
My Location
Lancashire
Hello All, I have ordered the above box and was hoping someone could advise me of the best software to use, and the best driver to use.

I will be using it with a vista laptop for 4.2.2 transmissions...and when I have it up and running was hoping to connect it to my LCD TV via the HMDI output on my laptop, the main use will be to view Badminton Internationals in 4.2.2 feeds and there are about 4 of these a year...but if I can find reliable software then I would use it more often.

I already have a 36v motorized setup with 3 receivers 2 of which are using a Gbox and discq 1.2, so no problem knowing where the Sat's are, any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated.
Kind regards, James.

shane77

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Virgin/VU+/AzBoxMe/TM5400 and many more odds and sods
My Location
notts uk
I've only ever succeeded with certain sr with 422 transmissions, let me know how you get on please

jamesjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
Hi Shane, I got the box yesterday and after messing about with the drivers got it working with standard FTA transmissions and it worked fine...then with some help from another forum got a version of Progdvb that let me view a 4.2.2 transmission last night...I knew it was 4.2.2 because I get the sound only on my Technomate on 4.2.2 so yes it works.
Regards, James.

anishpsla

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
6 Feet C band in Insat 2E
8 Feet C band in Asiasat
75 cm Ku in Insat 4B
Kaon Receiver
Pentium 4 1.7 GHz
My Location
India
For 4:2:2 transmission, there is no need for special software. You need anu DVB player software like DVBDream etc and a compatible codec. About one yaer back, I saw many feeds (both 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 on my computer using my SS2). The only thing you need is a codec, that will support 4:2:2. I think Nero codec will help you. If you have Nero Showtime, it will automatically installed in your computer.

Sorry friend, I forgot the exact name of the codec, as i use it about 1 years ago.

jamesjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
Thanks anishpsla, I have been using DVBDream I must already have a usable codec because it seems to run without the need for other software...I do have a version of Nero so that could why it runs without any addition codec.
Kind Regards, James.

anishpsla

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
6 Feet C band in Insat 2E
8 Feet C band in Asiasat
75 cm Ku in Insat 4B
Kaon Receiver
Pentium 4 1.7 GHz
My Location
India
Many codecs will support 4:2:2 format. That's the reason why you got picture. If you got picture for 4:2:0 then the codec may support 4:2:2 that's why you got picture.

melkames

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DVB Skystar2 USB
My Location
Libya
thank you

best regards

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar2 pci skystar usb + porty lidl camping dish maybe one day i'll have a dreambox 500s...
My Location
str8 frum da wesside innit?
Elecard, ffdshow, dscaler.

I personnally don't use anything else than dscaler for 4:2:2. great codec.

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 x CM 1.2m matching C120 feedhorn and Invacom 0.3db twin output LNB.50 degrees East to 42 degrees West.1 x CM 1.2m AZ/EL mount matching C120 feedhorn and twin output Invacom 0.3db
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
with IRL $ky sub. Coship FTA
My Location
40kms NE of Antwerp,Belgium.
kamaleon said:
Elecard, ffdshow, dscaler.

I personnally don't use anything else than dscaler for 4:2:2. great codec.

So just to conclude before I order one of these, I can watch 4:2:2 feeds on this USB sat receiver.

If I run a 5 meter USB cable any problems?

Thanks.

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar2 pci skystar usb + porty lidl camping dish maybe one day i'll have a dreambox 500s...
My Location
Yes it is technically possible to watch 4:2:2 colour-sampled satellite broadcasts using a DVB-S tuner card in a PC, with the right software and one of those codecs. Apart from that, you need to pay attention to the fact that usually 4:2:2 feeds use a quite large bandwith, so with a usb 1 card (like the old skystar usb) that might not be possible. With usb 2 cards then it's defintely not a problem.

5 meter is within the specifications of USB so it shouldn't be a problem, we're not talking about analog data transfer here so there is no loss. But I do know that my skystar usb (old one) card is very fussy regarding usb cables, so the only way of finding out is by trying.

djordje.b

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
procesor 2x1,86
ati xpress 1100
2 gb RAM
skystar usb
My Location
Serbia
Hi,i have skystar usb II few days and skystar II PC three years and i know evrything about PC card,but my problem is ss usb,i can't get signal on ss usb,can you help me,thanks.

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yes. No. We don't know what your problem is. Can you explain us?

djordje.b

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
procesor 2x1,86
ati xpress 1100
2 gb RAM
skystar usb
My Location
Serbia
Sorry because my English is bad,i suppose you can understand me.
Few years ago i buy skystar II PC,on internet i find everything what i need,and i install them several times and i never have problem.Few days ago i buy ss usb II and install drivers on my laptop and software,DVB Viewer,progdvb,DVB Dream,FS finder,when i turn on program everything look good but i don't have signal,for the first time i think it was bad position of dish,then i change dish and switch dish from my SS PC where was signal on 7E 75%,nothing again,i throw in SS USb in PC,i start programs who work with SS PC,nothing again,signal 0%,i attempt to change drivers and few solution more and i don't solve problem,even i change SS USB for new one in the store.

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Is this your card?

1434.imgcache.jpg

You need to install the WDM drivers, latest ones and see how it goes. What drivers have you installed? Which software are you using?

djordje.b

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
procesor 2x1,86
ati xpress 1100
2 gb RAM
skystar usb
My Location
Serbia
Yes that is my ss usb,i install 4.4.2 and 4.4.0 drivers,and i use usualy altdvb,i will attempt with this what you say.Thanks.

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
AltDvb is what I use and also those drivers. It should work fine...

djordje.b

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
procesor 2x1,86
ati xpress 1100
2 gb RAM
skystar usb
My Location
Serbia
I didn't have lucky.