Technomate 1500+ erratic signal

philh

Knowledge is power.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Amstrad Digibox and zone 2 dish.

Technomate 1500ci+, 90cm motorised dish on a very thick pole!
My Location
Leeds
Morning All

Had some relatively high winds the other night and since then my Technomate 1500+ has been behaving very strangely.

In completely still and clear conditions the signal is jumping from 95% right down to 15% (no reception) within tenths of seconds!

It may stay at 95% for five minutes, with a bit of blockiness now and again, then drop right down.

I have saved the settings on 95% but it makes no difference and I can physically see the fluctuating signal on the signal meter (and this is in perfect weather conditions).

All I can think is that it is ok on the East West setting but the wind may have knocked it slightly off the arc so it is right on the edge of reception, meaning the signal is fine if it is completely still but the smallest 2 mph gust of wind is knocking it off?

If that is the case, is this a physical change of dish setting that cant be done via the remote?

Regards

A frustrated Phil

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
If you use usals you can change your longitude by a few tenths of degrees to see if that helps. If using Diseqc just slightly re-align to see if that works. Failing that you really should re-align the dish/motor on the pole.
PR

philh

Knowledge is power.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Leeds
How do I re-align the vertical/horizontal axis as I use 'move fine' for the east west?

philh

Knowledge is power.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Leeds
sorry, forgot to say it was setup for disecq so would be reuctant to switch to usals in case I completely mess it up.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
philh said:
How do I re-align the vertical/horizontal axis as I use 'move fine' for the east west?

You can't using the receiver, only the east/west.
You have to get out there and manually tweek the dish up and down. :eek:

Red Hugh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Multi-Digital FTA.
Quad lnb, 60cm dish.
Skystar 2 pvr TV, 1.2m dish, Lnbs x 2 Manual.Technomate 7755
AMD 3000+ 2G CPU, 128 Graphics card, 1024 ram, 150 HD. P4 2.93G CPU, 128 Graphics card, 1024 ram, 229 HD,
My Location
East Sussex. UK
Undo & Check the F connection to Lnb, (water)

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
the dish wants realigning as if the fine tune in diseqc motor controls and recalculate satellite postions doesn't work then the dish has moved

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
The advice I gave is for Azimuth tweaking (ie left/right or east/west). If the dish has moved in elevation (up/down) that will mean you will have to re-align the dish manually.
Mine has moved approx 1 degree east, so went into diseqc, nudged the dish until I got an improved reading and saved the new position. Still getting good results from 45 east to 45 west I will leave it until the spring unless we get more strong winds, before I reset the whole lot on the pole. Still picking up Nilesat, so I am not undully bothered, too cold to be messing about with motors/dishes.
PR

philh

Knowledge is power.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Leeds
Im going to get the installer to come back out as it was only put up a couple of months ago on a decent sized pole and my ladders arent safe enough where he has located it.

My Sky dish is on a pole half the thickness and is still fine and the winds werent hugely strong so he cant have secured it well enough in the first place.

Can sense an argument coming on 'O'-red

Thanks for all the input everyone.

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Best thing if you are not too happy about DIY. Hope that all goes ell.
PR