Technomate 2600m3 built-in sat table

uncinogb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-2600 motor, 1m dish, dreambox
My Location
France
My Technomate motor has started playing up. I know the problem is not mechanical and suspect the satellite default satellite table got corrupted somehow. I tried to reset the motor a couple of times. The first time the led flashed orange and then green, correctly, but after that it stayed green even when I pressed the reset button. I was wondering if it is posible to reflash the default satellite table. Has anybody any experience in this area, even with other models of Technomate motors?
Many thanks.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
My Technomate motor has started playing up. I know the problem is not mechanical and suspect the satellite default satellite table got corrupted somehow. I tried to reset the motor a couple of times. The first time the led flashed orange and then green, correctly, but after that it stayed green even when I pressed the reset button. I was wondering if it is posible to reflash the default satellite table. Has anybody any experience in this area, even with other models of Technomate motors?
Many thanks.
The settings are in you receiver. Upgrade the image or update update the XML files

uncinogb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
Thank you, but I am confused. I would be grateful if ou could explain how the system works in practice. The Technamate motor manual shows a built-in sat table with the sat name and its position in degrees. The xml table in the receiver has the same information. So does the receiver send the chosen sat degrees to the motor or just the name of the sat and then the motor use its own built-in table? What does pressing the reset button do? Does it reload the default sat table in the motor or does it just set the zero degrees position? What calculates the position of the satellite i choose on the receiver, the motor or the receiver? Many thanks

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The circuitry inside the motor has just sensors that determine the centre point reference and the soft limits if set.
There are some mechanical limit switches under the lower cover but I doubt you have played with them.

Resetting of the positions is usually a two stage process, clearing down the actual memory of the receiver of stored items in the table, then getting the motor to clear down the soft limits and return to zero. You may have to poke inside a small hole under the motor for the latter

uncinogb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
Getting clearer, thanks. Yes I did poke inside the small hole near the led. The odd thing is that the fist time I did that the led turned orange briefly as indicated it should in the manual. Then after palying around a bit with the settings I tried again to prod the reset, but the orange light did not appear again, the led remained steady green. Could that be because the table in the reciever was already cleared and therefore the reset time was that much quicker?