uk
hi guys any reviews on this new reciver

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
After wasting a day messing around with one of these TM6900 "supers" and giving it a good test I have come to the conclusion that they are not worth the money, especially if you are thinking of upgrading from a TM6900 original.

1. There is no selection available on symbol rates in the blind scan.
2. There is no selection available on frequency ranges in the blind scan
3. It crashes and reboots the receiver before completing the blind scan.
4. The ethernet port is dead and has no functionality whatsoever.

The only real new features it has over the TM6900 standard model is the eSata connection and the extra USB port. The other claimed new features such as blind scan and ethernet connectivity do not work. Anyone with an original TM6900 should keep it, there is no incentive offered from the new model to upgrade.

They have rushed it to the market without any consideration for their customers. Anyone buying one of these as currently available is a mug, me included.

Rgds

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Have you tried ringing Technomate?, perhaps there is some later software for it.

BTW, you forgot the RF modulator:-rofl2, does that work?

soundbite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6900 HD Super with four port LNB and standard sky dish
My Location
Scotland
hello from another mug (hope not:confused). I ordered one last week which hasn't arrived yet. I was expecting the ethernet port to give me network broadcasting like the Dreamboxes as this was the only reason for getting the Super:mad:.

I emailed Technomate about it and will post reply.

soundbite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6900 HD Super with four port LNB and standard sky dish
My Location
Scotland
Stil havn't received reply from Technomate Support even though I email twice. My 6900 super arrived yesterday and had no problem setting it up. I did notice the ethernet port link LED flashing during bootup so I assume it is active. I will setup a laptop connection over the next couple of days and see what happens.

Moonbase, you didn't say what you did to test the port. Did you asign it an ip address on you network/use DHCP, try to connect to it from a pc, etc? I'm assuming the unit is classed as a pc node as apposed to a network switch. If this is the case and you are trying to connect a computer straight to it and not through an access point or through a switch, a standard ethernet cable will not do but will need to use a crossover cable which has the RX and TX pairs 'crossed over' (usually green and orange pairs). More info would be helpful.

AndyX

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-F3/5
Octagon SF4800
Octagon SX88
Fibo Gregorian 1.2m
Motec Positioner
Inverto c120 twin LNB
My Location
Central Scotland
The ethernet connector is not supported in the software yet.
You may want to down load the latest software, just released on the Technomate website as it contains some bug fixes.

mrbean_2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec passion
My Location
Bradford
Have you tried the new "M*G*C" software release...

me thinks you'll soon change ur mind m8 *-)

swoosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
135 CM TECATEL + GREGORIAN + INVERTO BLACK LNB + VANTAGE 8000S
My Location
VALENCIA SPAIN
Hi all, I'm new here.
I think the "SUPER" is for the extra sensibility. That could be a plus in a fringe area like mine for Astra 2D channels. Anyone knows what does the "6900 Super" specificatiosn say aabout input signal?? is it able to receive signals lower than -65dBm? (like standard ones) lowe than -75 dBms? (like non freesat HUMAX)???
Please help me. In case U knew about a HD receiver very sensible, tell me.

thanx

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
swoosh said:
Hi all, I'm new here.
I think the "SUPER" is for the extra sensibility. That could be a plus in a fringe area like mine for Astra 2D channels. Anyone knows what does the "6900 Super" specificatiosn say aabout input signal??

Some people say the 6900 Super is less sensitive than the older model and some now say it is just the same, but I don't think anyone has yet claimed in tests the Super is more sensitive.

Basically the 6900 Super adds an ethernet port, SATA, an extra USB port on the back, an RF modulator, blind scan, and I think RGB output on the TV scart.

swoosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
135 CM TECATEL + GREGORIAN + INVERTO BLACK LNB + VANTAGE 8000S
My Location
VALENCIA SPAIN
The Technomate official website says "super sensitive tuner for very weak signals" when they list the key fetaures for the "super" family
But when talking about the rest of their products they just say "sensitive tuner". So thats why i have associated "super" family with "super sensivility tuner" the official website associates them. And thats why i would like to confirm it with the specifications on the users manual or so. Anyone have them?

hotkich

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm 7755 2VA 2CI / & tm 6900super/
80 cm dish motex motorised/
echostar 3000ip /moteck SG1200 CHIMNEY SECURED
My Location
france ST GENIS D HIERSAC
well I have a tecm 6900 super, and I am not very happy with it , boots without warning and frezzes occaisenally, yes I have downloaded latest firmware,
can anybody tell me please which is the best receiver in this range for HD reception.
because I want to setup another system, thanks for your help hotkich

AndyX

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-F3/5
Octagon SF4800
Octagon SX88
Fibo Gregorian 1.2m
Motec Positioner
Inverto c120 twin LNB
My Location
Central Scotland
hotkich said:
well I have a tecm 6900 super, and I am not very happy with it , boots without warning and frezzes occaisenally, yes I have downloaded latest firmware,
can anybody tell me please which is the best receiver in this range for HD reception.
because I want to setup another system, thanks for your help hotkich
Are you using official firmware? What is happening when the fault occurs? Have you noticed a pattern?

hotkich

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm 7755 2VA 2CI / & tm 6900super/
80 cm dish motex motorised/
echostar 3000ip /moteck SG1200 CHIMNEY SECURED
My Location
france ST GENIS D HIERSAC
AndyX said:
Are you using official firmware? What is happening when the fault occurs? Have you noticed a pattern?

well you might have a point andy, I do tend to make quick and rash decision my eyes are failing me lately,
I am making silly mistakes my wife tells me ? he he , but thank you for pointing it out, ! Ill try again andy
hotkich

choccy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM1500ci
My Location
Glasgow
Gents I was about to shell out on this until reading the thread. That said what is a good HD PVR ? Possibly twin tuner ??? is the Spiderbox 9900 up there ? any fedback welcome for a novice ... . . Thanks