Technomate DiSEqC Satellite Motor, with Dish & separate Freesat dish.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Apologies I never meant to post the answer you responded to here, I have reposted my reply. I never went onto the roof, the satellite installer did it for me many years ago, I kept the pictures of what he did.
I take it the installer is no longer contactable.

cloudy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402HD
My Location
London
Apologies I never meant to post the answer you responded to here, I have reposted my reply. I never went onto the roof, the satellite installer did it for me many years ago, I kept the pictures of what he did.

cloudy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402HD
My Location
London
Hi All,
I managed to find the fault. The receiver is faulty. The switch works fine. I will replace it with a technomate HD. I just wanted to thank everyone for their contributions which was a great help.
Merry Xmas to all

cloudy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402HD
My Location
London
Hi All,
I managed to find the fault. The receiver is faulty. The switch works fine. I will replace it with a technomate HD. I just wanted to thank everyone for their contributions which was a great help.
Merry Xmas to all
Unfortunately he is long since retired

cloudy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402HD
My Location
London
Hi All,
Just a little update, I replaced my crypto box receiver with the TM 5402 m4 (HD) I couldn’t in the end let the receiver find listed satellites using USALS as the dish had moved position ( must have been wind movement over the years )

I tried USALS using the manual Lon\Lat movement by small increments, I left 51.5 alone just concentrating on 000.0 but I spent hours moving by small increments but never found a green bar signal.

I then switched to DiSEqC 1.2, I knew roughly where the Astra 28.2E position was and found a strong TP, I did that for quite a few other satellites I found, but I failed with Hispasat 30W I just can’t zone in on that one which is a shame as my wife speaks Spanish.

I guess the only way out, is to get someone to properly position the dish, and then let USALS find it, however I can’t see any way of saving USALS sat positions using this particular receiver?

Belated happy new year to you all.