technomate not reading showtime card

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
Hi all,
My mate has just asked me to post on his behalf, he has a showtime card which has been working in a technomate box with irdeto cam for 9 mths no problem.
He has 3 mths remaining but suddenly in the last week the box and cam is not reading the card but he has put the card in an octagon box and the card works perfect.
I cant say which technomate box he has as i havent seen it but its about 3yrs old.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

MARK

Reaction score
Website
www.satellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD+,Dreambox500HD,800SEHD,tm5402hdCI+SUPER+lots of other STB's,1mtr ISS motorised
Pc's far too many lol
My Location
Good ole Blighty
Hi M8,

As you say abit more info needed(model number),but any way is the cam geting reconised in cam slot and also is there another slot he can try it in?

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
teide_ian said:
Hi all,
My mate has just asked me to post on his behalf, he has a showtime card which has been working in a technomate box with irdeto cam for 9 mths no problem.
He has 3 mths remaining but suddenly in the last week the box and cam is not reading the card but he has put the card in an octagon box and the card works perfect.
I cant say which technomate box he has as i havent seen it but its about 3yrs old.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Just a hunch, you mentioned that the problem started last week.
Do you know the exact date?
The first of the month in any subscription card that gives validation on a monthly basis, as opposed to cards that gives you the last date which is 12 months later, can behave a bit weird if they are not used in their dedicated provider receiver.
Suggest to shutdown box, pull the power cord out, wait half an hour, then reverse the process with card inserted, wait few minutes and hopefully the card would get it's validation codes.
Apart from this, I can't suggest anything else.