technomate setup

kingcarp69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised technomate 6900hd with a Technomate TM2200 Super Motor, 85mm transparent dish
My Location
Norwich
complete needs help

have been trying to setup a fully motorised technomate 6900 without success. In the menu I am on 1w thor with the level at about 90%, but quality is at only 2%:-doh2. At one point I did manage to get the channels below on this. Am I close on the alignment? any suggestions on gaining quality strenght would be greatly received.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you carried out the setup procedures as outlined in this tutorial?

Would also help if you put some details in your profile, where you are in the UK, dish size and type, motor type, etc.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Your not aligned or set up on the arc as of yet by the sound of it. I have installed a few TM's 6900 and can help if you supply more info as Rolf has suggested.

kingcarp69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised technomate 6900hd with a Technomate TM2200 Super Motor, 85mm transparent dish
My Location
Norwich
complete newbie to all this, was going to get a professional to install. Sounded quite easy to do after reading some of the post. Fairly sure I have followed the guide correctly. Am in Norwich Lat 52.68, Long 1.21. Forgot to list channels in previous post:

Viasat Sport FSS
TV 1000 RU Kino FSS
TV 1000 East FSS
Viasat 3 FSS
TV6 Hungary

Dogz11

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 2200 motor, technomate 5400 ci +USB, 90cm dish...
My Location
Surrey, UK.
same trouble with my 5400 signal level was 90% quality was 20%. Wasnt actually on any satellite at all.. solution was a cheap rangefinder meter

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
kingcarp69 said:
complete newbie to all this, was going to get a professional to install. Sounded quite easy to do after reading some of the post. Fairly sure I have followed the guide correctly. Am in Norwich Lat 52.68, Long 1.21. Forgot to list channels in previous post:

Viasat Sport FSS
TV 1000 RU Kino FSS
TV 1000 East FSS
Viasat 3 FSS
TV6 Hungary

---------

Your on Sirius @ 5e (4.8e) :D

Input your longitude & Latitude on the receiver and send the motor OR select a channel on 0.8W/1W THOR.

Dish will move approx 2° after then align on THOR, 11325h, S/rate 24500.

Guides are there to help !

SM:)

kingcarp69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Norwich
at what point do i need to input longitude and latitude, do i first need to get the dish aligned to Sirius @ 5e (4.8e), I take it this is my due south satellite.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Forget Sirius 5e.

You haven't read the guides as suggested !!!

You set up on THOR 1W

SM :)

kingcarp69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Norwich
Have read through guides, will have another read. On the menu I am going to installation, then satellite setup. Is this were I should be looking to get a good signal on the thor sat. Have looked through satellite list and can get signals on the below on a fixed dish. Ran out of time Sunday, so will have another go during the week. Cheers for all the help and for bearing with me.

8.0W Telecom 2D
7.0W Nilesat 101/102
4.0W Amos
9.0E Eurobird 9
13.0E Hotbird
70.5E Eutelsat W5.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
When you say you can get signals, do you mean you have moved the dish round to 70.5 East and managed to scan channels which confirm it is that satellite? 70.5 East would be very low on the horizon, about 3 degrees elevation and normally a 1m or bigger dish would be required.

kingcarp69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Norwich
have been up to the dish on the wall and used a compass to point dish to the south, and then with slk meter in the circuit have got a signal. Have not connected to the motor at this point. I then goto the menu on the receiver. Press on installation, then satellite setup. At the top there is a list of satellite that i can go through. As I move through some of these the level is at about 90% on most of them. On the ones i have listed I get quality as well around 55%. At this point I then do a scan for channels. I then goes off and finds the channels.

Cheers in advance

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Assuming that you have got the motor elevation right and the pole vertical, all you need to do is go to "Motorised Settings, pick Thor from the top, then choose 11325H as the transponder, connect the motor back up ( the meter as well if you need it) send the dish to Thor using "Go to" and adjust the dish outside for max quality on the said transponder ( as described in the tutorials). Make sure you have USALS selected and your lat and long entered in right first.

Once you have good quality on 11325H, go to "Advanced settings" and do a scan of just that transponder, you should get BBC World. If not, you have the wrong satellite. Find out which one it is, and move the dish appropriately and repeat until you get BBC World.

:)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
So you are testing all of those satellites without the dish moving?

There is finite spectrum available for ku band satellite transmissions, so each satellite will share common frequencies with its neighbouring satellites. Getting a signal strength reading on all of those satellites without moving the dish, just means that there is a similar frequency on the one satellite, at which you are actually pointing.

The way to tell which satellite you are pointing at is to do a scan on a single transponder and check a site like Lyngsat.com to see if the channels correspond.

kingcarp69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Norwich
my latitude = 52.68715, long = 1.21979. Technomate TM2200 Super Motor. Can someone confirm elevation/dish bracket settings. Does anyone know of an installer in Norwich who could come and set my system up.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
You set your motor bracket scale to 52.5
There are charts in in the back of the manual booklet. EL is 38 I think.

SM :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
kingcarp69 said:
Does anyone know of an installer in Norwich who could come and set my system up.

Sounds like you are almost there mate, since you have actually been getting a signal. If you just followed one of the tutorials and didn't jump the gun too much, you'd have it.:)

nistleboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 54c,tm600,eagle.80cm motorised dish.
My Location
n.ireland
listen to these guys, i was at my tether but read all that was said again and again.after three days i sent dish to reference as satman said then sent to 5w used a sat meter i got from flebay moved dish around got a good sygnal. then i tightened all nuts from there sent it to astr 2 and never looked back. best money i ever spent. just be patient and listen these guys they are awsome.

kingcarp69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Norwich
elevation settings look to be correct. Has someone taken a missile and shot down thor 1W, lol. Dishpointer.com says something about elevation of 29.7?. Have used table in the back of the motor had book. Thanks to all who have posted. Will keep trying over the next few days and the weekend.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
If your using the receiver then use 11.325 H BBC World.

kingcarp69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Norwich
tried again tonight with no luck, looks like a phone call tomorrow to professionals. My elevation and everything else looks ok. Tried driving the dish to 1W Thor as described and again no signal.