Advice Needed Technomate TM-5402HD C1+ why do they have a level reading when it nearly always reads 97

Spiff

Reaction score
Website
shopingathome.com
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-5402HD M3 C1+ Super+
Primesat VBox
2 x Actuators
Precision 1.3m Prime Focus Dish & mount.
InvertoTwin Black Pro C120

Amiko Viper4K
Primesat VBox
2 Actuators
Precision 1.5m Prime Focus Dish & mount
Titanium C1W-PLL C Band

Seven Computers : )
Two Davis Vantage Pro Weather stations
One Waldbeck Weather Station
My Location
Mullion Cove Cornwall
Good evening from Mullion Cove Cornwall.
I have done a few searches but not found quite the answer I am looking for.
On the Technomate TM-5402HD C1+ why do they have a level reading when it nearly always reads 97 regardless of the sat received.
I have always set up using the quality reading, but if the level reading does nothing much why have it ?
It dropped to 96 on I think Astra Eurobird yesterday, but only if I drove the dish to the east not the west, that as far as I can remember is the only time I have noticed it change : )
Kind Regards Spiff

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
It's an over enthusiastic reading pretty much

Spiff

Reaction score
Website
shopingathome.com
My Satellite Setup
Primesat VBox
2 x Actuators

Amiko Viper4K
Primesat VBox
2 Actuators
Titanium C1W-PLL C Band

My Location
Mullion Cove Cornwall
Good evening on communication receivers the signal strength is derived by rectifying the carrier wave, I would have thought that this would have worked the same way, but obviously not or it would change.
I have only used the Technomate, are all sat receivers the same ?
Regards Spiff

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
are all sat receivers the same ?

No, some signal reports make me smile :), I can swap from one stb to another and gain/lose 2o/25% on the same transponder.

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
Use dB on the latest software or 117p I have told TM about it but no reply on this also DVB-S2 & DVB-S does not display correctly in the info bar also you will find that the receiver adds extra non existent transponders TM have become very sloppy in allowing Far East technicians to not fully check out & correct software before it goes into production:(

As 85% of people who purchase this product are happy & oblivious to these software errors it will never be sorted so you have to work around this:-

For example when you scan 7 east with the M3 when looking for feeds scan 10965 to 11190 then you will only get active transponders between 10950 to 11200,
If you scan 10950 to 11200 the Network scan kicks in even though it is not selected & you will get all the transponders from 10.700 to 11700 :(

If TM ever get around to sorting the software out before they go into production with their next receiver then it will be very good :)

Spiff

Reaction score
Website
shopingathome.com
My Satellite Setup
Primesat VBox
2 x Actuators

Amiko Viper4K
Primesat VBox
2 Actuators
Titanium C1W-PLL C Band

My Location
Mullion Cove Cornwall
Use dB on the latest software or 117p I have told TM about it but no reply on this also DVB-S2 & DVB-S does not display correctly in the info bar also you will find that the receiver adds extra non existent transponders TM have become very sloppy in allowing Far East technicians to not fully check out & correct software before it goes into production:(

As 85% of people who purchase this product are happy & oblivious to these software errors it will never be sorted so you have to work around this:-

For example when you scan 7 east with the M3 when looking for feeds scan 10965 to 11190 then you will only get active transponders between 10950 to 11200,
If you scan 10950 to 11200 the Network scan kicks in even though it is not selected & you will get all the transponders from 10.700 to 11700 :(

If TM ever get around to sorting the software out before they go into production with their next receiver then it will be very good :)
Thank you kindly for the reply's reference the level readings and the other software problems that come with this receiver.
I assume this would also apply to their other models with built in hard drives ?
Yesterday I replaced the bulk standard £15 a reel coaxial for Webro wf125 and the difference to the quality level was zero.
It came on a nice wooden reel as well : )
I do believe the motor runs a little faster as the voltage drop may be less.
The cable run is approx 45 feet.
Kind Regards Spiff from a sunny Mullion Cove.

Tururu

Assembled with recycled parts
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm motorised dishes(98x90)+fixed+multiLNB+24Unicable.
Currently 56 satellites, 61°West to 57°East.

Octagon SF8008 4K Twin, VU+Duo², VU+Ultimo4K.
Recycled as the owner.
My Location
North of Madrid (28703 Spain) -3Km of IKEA (40.545847, -3.612012).:-)
The section of the living (center wire), 1'25mm is good, but not nearly long to have voltage drop, or 14 meters (45 feet), usually these problems are noticed above 40~50 meters and smaller diameters or equal to 1 mm, with lengths as short as I say, not normally have to notice.

The lost signal is 24dB/100m to 2150MHz, very good.
With this cable and 14 meters, you lose 3'36dB (connectors apart).33dB Weak cable, you lose 4'62dB (connectors apart).

The voltage drop for 14Voltios and 0'5Amps, according diameter of core wire (live), without taking into consideration adapters:
Diameter 1'25mm = 0'20 Volts
Diameter 1'00mm = 0'25 Volts
Diameter 0'80mm = 0'32 Volts

Securities difficult to measure if you have a digital meter RMS (real value).
I remember years ago an update of the official software in 2005 tuner FTE IRD390, earn 25% extra signal and nearly 5% more quality, measuring Like other tuner MVision FCIS7000E+ I had then.
img_a4540.gif

Having seen, the values in dB signal level are more generic between different receivers, I use Dreambox800S-HD and VU + DUO2 usually also I have DB800se, DB7020Si, DB500S, DB600S (sold).
--------------
La seccion del vivo (hilo central), es buena 1'25mm, pero no tiene casi longitud para tener caida de tension, ni 14 metros (45 pies), normalmente estos problemas se notan por encima de 40~50 metros y con diametros menor o igual a 1mm, con longitudes tan cortas, como digo, no se tiene que notar normalmente.
Las perdidas de señal son 24dB/100metros a 2150Mhz, muy bueno.
Con este cable y 14 metros, pierdes 3'36dB (conectores aparte).
Con cable malo de 33dB, pierdes 4'62dB (conectores aparte).

La caida de tension para 14Voltios y 0'5 Amperios, aproximadamente son segun diametro del hilo central (vivo), sin tener en cuanta adaptadores:
Diametro 1'25mm=0'20 Voltios
Diametro 1'00mm=0'25 Voltios
Diametro 0'80mm=0'32 Voltios

Valores dificiles de medir si no tienes un medidor digital RMS (valor real).
Recuerdo hace años una actualizacion del software oficial en 2005 del sintonizador FTE IRD390, gane 25% de señal extra y casi 5% mas de calidad, midiendo igual que otro sintonizador Mvision FCIS7000E+ que tenia entonces.
img_a4540.gif

Visto lo visto, los valores en dB del nivel de señal son mas genericos entre distintos receptores, utilizo Dreambox800S-HD y VU+DUO2 normalmente, tambien tengo DB800se, DB7020Si, DB500S, DB600S (vendida).

Approximate data, rule 3 for losses (2150Mhz) and loss calculation DC level for copper wire diameter of such diameter and such consumption (0'5amp. = Motor + LNB.).
-------------------
Datos aproximados, regla de 3 para las perdidas (2150Mhz) y calculo de perdidas de tension continua para el diametro de cable de cobre de tal diametro y tal consumo (0'5amp.=motor+LNB.).

PS: Errors as always are welcome/Se admiten errores como siempre.
img_a5995.gif

Last edited:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders

There is also an issue on the s/w on my M3 receiver where you cant manually add tp's close to an existing active frequency, as you just get "frequency already exists". No good for scpc satellites like 36E.

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
(50 east to 45 west)

(53 east to 45 west)
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
There is also an issue on the s/w on my M3 receiver where you cant manually add tp's close to an existing active frequency, as you just get "frequency already exists". No good for scpc satellites like 36E.

There is a way around this you can add transponders with 4Hz spacing for example 10 east has a lot of scpc channels & after a blind scan you can add the missing transponders,
For example on 10 east not all these transponders will be found with a Blind Scan:-

11183 H 2400 NourSat
11185 H 2667 Beladi
11189 H 2352 Libya
11192 H 2880 Al Forat

Change the transponders manually to this:-
11181 H 2400 Noursat
11185 H 2667 Belidi
11189 H 2352 Libya
11193 H 28800 Al Forat

This is one reason why I set up a separate Feed Satellite position with my Channel lists for 16 east,10 east,7 east ect as I do not Blind Scan on the main satellites for these positions after I have corrected the data base with the M3 for obvious reasons,

I think it is pathetic that Hubtech who originally built these receivers did not build a more accurate receiver since the TM1000/TM1500CI Super+ SD series
Technomate have had good feedback as to what is wrong the the TM5402HD series M1 & M2 had the 45,000 symbol rate error found in the Blind Scan when a low symbol rate is in use :(

The 6900 HD series was better but still has a problem with the Blind Scan overwriting the transponders above with the next transponder found when they are in close proximity :( so you end up with 2 instead of 4 active transponders :eek:
The TM5402HD M3 is based on the TM3000 series with all the problems that this receiver had by adding non existent transponders due to errors in the software build :mad:

This is just taking the public for a mug as the TM5402HD M3 has some very good additions & updates but lacks the finer points & accuracy that the TM1000 series had ;)

Lets face this is a mass market high volume production market & so long as it sell TM do not really care so long as the majority are happy with a sub standard products they will never spend the time or money on fixing these errors :(

The other main problem is with the Far East technicians who are very reluctant to re work software & correct errors :eek:

Us enthusiast are lucky we have the TM5502HD/TM5302HD
& the http://www.tbsdtv.com/products/tbs5925-dvb-s2-tv-tuner-usb.html :)

Last edited:

Spiff

Reaction score
Website
shopingathome.com
My Satellite Setup
Primesat VBox
2 x Actuators

Amiko Viper4K
Primesat VBox
2 Actuators
Titanium C1W-PLL C Band

My Location
Mullion Cove Cornwall

Good evening thank you for the information.
I am not sure what to expect after installing P127. (Use dB on the latest software or 117p )
I have downloaded the file and unzipped it to a USB stick, then used Data Transfer to install it on the Tecknomate.
It does not effect the quality and strength readings, when you say use db or P127p am I correct in thinking the result will be the same with either ?
I was expecting the strength scale to now read db is that incorrect ?
Kind Regards Spiff

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
(50 east to 45 west)

(53 east to 45 west)
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
You have a choice with 127 to select dB or % in the on screen display menu,
I am using 1.33p atm this gives % & dB readouts + a lot more TV :),

Remember to save you channel list on a usb stick & Factory reset before & after you load each patch then reload your channel list other wise the upgrade will not work correctly.

Spiff

Reaction score
Website
shopingathome.com
My Satellite Setup
Primesat VBox
2 x Actuators

Amiko Viper4K
Primesat VBox
2 Actuators
Titanium C1W-PLL C Band

My Location
Mullion Cove Cornwall
You have a choice with 127 to select dB or % in the on screen display menu,
I am using 1.33p atm this gives % & dB readouts + a lot more TV :),

Remember to save you channel list on a usb stick & Factory reset before & after you load each patch then reload your channel list other wise the upgrade will not work correctly.
Good morning Thank you, I had missed the factory reset : )

Regards Spiff