Technomate tm7102 Hd Super+

taff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sat:nowt at present.Comp:Desktop.Asus Transformer Prime Tablet.Nad hi.fi:
My Location
mid glam. Lon:51.740124 Lat:-3.2967
Any one had any experence of this unit? thinking of replacing my old sky dish had it a long time it's due for replacement with all the bits that go with it. Have not subscribed to sky for years, to expensive on the long term rental costs, for me anyhow.So looking to setup my own system. thinking of T90 dish, Wave Frontier if i can get one, not a clone i hope. Have been reading some of the threads on this one :-rofl2 Yes i known learn to walk before you run! anyway that's my query hope someone out there can help. cheers gent's have a nice day.:)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The 7102 is better suited to a steerable dish owing to its diSEqC 1.3 ability and channel capacity.

A very good machine though, whatever you have outside.

taff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Channel Hopper said:
The 7102 is better suited to a steerable dish owing to its diSEqC 1.3 ability and channel capacity.

A very good machine though, whatever you have outside.
Hello Channel Hopper thank you for replying to my query,do you think then that would be overkill considering that i could be using a fixed dish rather than a motorized dish, if so could you suggest a few alternatives maybe, as i am open to a few suggestions or idea's.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
If you can see a good amount of sky from where you are, I would go for a motorised dish in the first instance as it will ultimately offer you far more channels than multiple LNBs on a fixed dish (and should work out slightly cheaper in the long run, cost of motor v multi LNBs, switches etc) .

taff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Channel Hopper said:
If you can see a good amount of sky from where you are, I would go for a motorised dish in the first instance as it will ultimately offer you far more channels than multiple LNBs on a fixed dish (and should work out slightly cheaper in the long run, cost of motor v multi LNBs, switches etc) .
Well i suppose that could be another option, as i say i'm open to suggestions, my back garden faces North-East/ South-east not much of West available due to the house being 30-40' high back garden sloping away from house, with the usual tree and other buildings around. I'll have to try and do a costing comparison on the project once i decide which receiver to use. anyway thanks again for your input .much appreciated.:)

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Just tell us what your maximum budget is and all here can do the rest.

Don't forget a 1m dish pointing at one satellite will also perform far, far better than a 90cm dish designed to capture a wide range of satellites.

taff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Channel Hopper said:
Just tell us what your maximum budget is and all here can do the rest.

Don't forget a 1m dish pointing at one satellite will also perform far, far better than a 90cm dish designed to capture a wide range of satellites.
Yes that would make more sense on my behalf set a ball park figure and work within or close to that figure. with the help and guidance of people with the knowledge and know what they are talking about.Well lets see,what if i throw in £600-£700. what could we pick out of that? Bearing in mind that it can get very windy and wet during the winter months. :)

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
That should get you everything you need, plus the day of a reasonably good installer.

taff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Channel Hopper said:
That should get you everything you need, plus the day of a reasonably good installer.
O.k , but i would prefer to put the cash into the actual parts required to make a good system than parts plus labor, am quite willing and able to do the physical side myself, just require help picking and matching the right parts to make a well balanced system.:)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
First you need to work out where you will need to site your dish, to get the most out of it, at least 42E to 30W.
To help with this try the dishpointer application:
DishPointer | Satellite TV - Digital TV News & Help Forums

It would be best if you had an open, south facing, rear garden, as then you could do a ground mounted system, which is easier to install, and maintain.

taff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Mickha said:
First you need to work out where you will need to site your dish, to get the most out of it, at least 42E to 30W.
To help with this try the dishpointer application:
DishPointer | Satellite TV - Digital TV News & Help Forums

It would be best if you had an open, south facing, rear garden, as then you could do a ground mounted system, which is easier to install, and maintain.
Hello Mickha, just checked using dishpointer and 42e to 30w, should be well within the arc required thanks for your input:)

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
taff said:
O.k , but i would prefer to put the cash into the actual parts required to make a good system than parts plus labor, am quite willing and able to do the physical side myself, just require help picking and matching the right parts to make a well balanced system.:)

Then you have about £200 more to play with, which could get you a nice specification polarmount, actuator, cable and a V-box with change, with which you could get the top spec twin LNB for the dish.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
taff said:
Hello Mickha, just checked using dishpointer and 42e to 30w, should be well within the arc required thanks for your input:)

Will you be siting it on a wall, or ground level?
Will it need to go above the roof line or quite low down?
You are legally allowed up to a 1M dish, without needing to apply for planning permission, in most areas, but many of us have broken this rule, if only slightly, by going for CM 1.2M, or a gibertini 1.3M, and some have gone for 1.8M-2.4M dishes.
The size of the dish required depends on what you wish to view, most satellites can be easilly accessed using 80cm, or less, dishes.
Of course the motor, required, equates to the size of dish, weight, and where it will be sited, as to some extent does the pole, and brackets, or a stand.

taff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Channel Hopper said:
Then you have about £200 more to play with, which could get you a nice specification polarmount, actuator, cable and a V-box with change, with which you could get the top spec twin LNB for the dish.
That's what i was thinking, not trying to be greedy or anything like that but by doing the graft myself i should end up with a better spec system in the end. :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
taff said:
That's what i was thinking, not trying to be greedy or anything like that but by doing the graft myself i should end up with a better spec system in the end. :)

You will also have the advantage that you will be confident of setting things up for when the inevitable tweaks need to be done - eg when the dish moves in a gale. :)

taff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Mickha, i would prefer to sight it at "ground level" due to the fact that my property is approx 40' to the top of the roof line, it would be the best spot because it would be overlooking the rest of the surrounding properties in the village. But i have to select the lower and safer sighting point which will be the lower end of my garden. Dish size 1 mtr to 1.3 max. Have thought about mounting dish of whatever type on a piece of "scaffolding pole"concreted into ground with center line of dish approx 6' off ground level.:)

taff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Analoguesat said:
You will also have the advantage that you will be confident of setting things up for when the inevitable tweaks need to be done - eg when the dish moves in a gale. :)
Hi Analoguesat , That'what been passing through my mind would love to sight dish that high up where it would eliminate virtually all obstacles other than the tops of the mountains but alas i can't to risky and it would be a nightmare to maintain so must pick the more convenient and safer location.:(:)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
You shouldn't need to have it 6 foot off the ground, if you have an open view, mine is less than 3' 6" off the ground, for aq 1.2M Channel Master dish, unless you're planning on a 2.4M dish, or larger.
What will be the approximate length of your cable run, from where you plan to site your dish?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive been using ground mounted fixed dishes for years - I more or less invented the car tyre mount :D

taff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Mickha said:
You shouldn't need to have it 6 foot off the ground, if you have an open view, mine is less than 3' 6" off the ground, for aq 1.2M Channel Master dish, unless you're planning on a 2.4M dish, or larger.
What will be the approximate length of your cable run, from where you plan to site your dish?
I thought that if i was to place the center of the dish at that approx high't it would give a bit of ground clearance and be easier to work on if lower would be better that's great good news, the distance from where i'm thinking of sighting the dish to house is approx 20 meters, haven't actually measured it yet just a guesstimate, I was thinking of a dish more of 1 meter or 1.2 meter max.:)