Technosat t888plus- setup

zsobdar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5200D with motor. 1m dish
My Location
UK
Hi guys,
i am a newbie to satellites. i just as a gift a technosat t888 plus 2mb. i need to set it up!
i switched it on and i saw in 'information' that software version is Aug 06.
i have got some questions. i am in East London by the way.
-i have a sky dish. Can i use Sky's dish? it is a bit small i know. will it connect me to something? do i need to reposition it?
- Does my receiver needs a patch or special firmware?
i have downloaded two files already but do not know what to do with them. they are:
- Software_2mb.cus
-STBlink7.
Kindly advise me
thanks a lot
Cheers

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum zsobdar

I think perhaps you are misunderstanding what a self help forum is. It is up to you to look for information. There is also tons of information about the basics of the hobby but you have to read all these threads yourself.
The receiver connected to the sky dish via a suitable cable connewcted to a working lnd will give you Free To Air channels on Astra 2 A,B,C,D at 28.2 deg East and Eurobird 1, assuming the dish has not been knocked or has not moved in a strong gale.
Before you start getting into patches or cams you need to learn the basics e.g. what the Clarke curve is..... what is available in the skies above.
Apart from all lots of information being here a couple of extra sites that will help you understand is here which will give you a broad outline of the encryption systems and here showing you what is in the skies above