Technotrend 3200-S2 HD PCI card

frenchman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM9100
My Location
UK
Am thinking about buying one of these cards for getting some HD channels and wanted some feedback to see if they are any good?

Anyone got anything good or bad to say about this PCI card before I buy one?

Frenchman

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, DM7000 80GB HD with Asus WL330 wifi + 2GB usb drive, Skystar2.3, 2.2m Kinhuge Dish with Inverto LNB and Invacom ADF-120 feedhorn. Pace 1.3.25 and 80cm for Sky.
My Location
Lot, Dordogne, Correze border.
You'll need a fast computer with a good graphics card.

frenchman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM9100
My Location
UK
I have just purchased a Intel Dual core 3.16GHZ CPU and a new Asus P5E-VM MB, it plays out x.264 and blu-ray stuff fine, so should be upto the job.

Just some people have said they found the card not so good, but I don't know their PC spec.

Frenchman

anishpsla

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
6 Feet C band in Insat 2E
8 Feet C band in Asiasat
75 cm Ku in Insat 4B
Kaon Receiver
Pentium 4 1.7 GHz
My Location
India
Yes, good Processor, good graphics card ( I think nVidia cards are better. We can use pure video codec with less CPU ussage anf best quality), more RAM (As large as you can buy 4 GB or more) is required.

I think SkyStar HD is good for this job. Also it will supported by all type softwares.

frenchman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM9100
My Location
UK
Well I went ahead and purchased the Technotrend PCI card, finger crossed it will be ok when it turns up

Frenchman

Eesau55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Cabal Digital HD receiver
Technotrend HD card in PC
My Location
Salo, Finland
Hi,

I also have the same PCI card with CI-board and CA module.

I'm trying to receive Canal Digital's HD channels that work well with the receiver that came with the order. Every time I insert the Canal Digital smart card into the module, none of the channels will work any more.

The card is detected correctly and I can even read my subscription from it i.e. there is nothing wrong with the interface.

The only problem is that all channels, including free to watch ones, are not possible to view. EGP works well.

Has anybody any idea about what is wrong?

br,

Esa

PS. I've tried Technotrend, DVBViever and ProgDVB SW with similar results. It just does not work. My system plays back HD DVD and Bluray with PowerDVD and further without any glitches.