Captain Jack
Retired human
- My Satellite Setup
- See signature
- My Location
- North Somerset
I really do wish I had your hands and skills (and tools) to make the stuff you make, Rimant and Wim. Amazing...
Yes, very much so...I really do wish I had your hands and skills (and tools) to make the stuff you make, Rimant and Wim. Amazing...
I really do wish I had your hands and skills (and tools) to make the stuff you make, Rimant and Wim. Amazing...
It is indeed the OFC-1200P from HvdH and it did not make a lot difference .
I was surprised by the fact that the aiming point was above the center of that new type Laminas , it has 2 tubes and a plastic feedarm
Hans replaced the 2 tubes for 6 mm Inox treaded rods to lower the feedarm but by that , the lnb was pointing more up-high , therefore the lnb tilt-clamp
At the older version 1200 with the 3 tubes , that point was ± 10 cm lower .
And yes it was home-made by me .
It is indeed the OFC-1200P from HvdH and it did not make a lot difference .
I was surprised by the fact that the aiming point was above the center of that new type Laminas , it has 2 tubes and a plastic feedarm
Hans replaced the 2 tubes for 6 mm Inox treaded rods to lower the feedarm but by that , the lnb was pointing more up-high , therefore the lnb tilt-clamp
At the older version 1200 with the 3 tubes , that point was ± 10 cm lower .
And yes it was home-made by me .
@jase1 , cant remember which sat it was , but when it give improvement at one , it should be also for the other ones .
made a device to make that more accurate

Maybe you should wait to see what the outcome is for others, if it is proven that gains can be made then adjust your dish accordingly!I really want to try this but I'm scared to death of adjusting the elavation on the dish and messing it up. Its wall mounted just below the gutter.
I'm ok on Nilesat at certain times of the day. I guess theres not much more can be done for 7W in the north west anyway.
Maybe you should wait to see what the outcome is for others, if it is proven that gains can be made then adjust your dish accordingly!![]()
I think that this is one of those threads that will take a "while" to resolve completely. You will probably see more "action" with the onset of spring and fairer weather. Until then we can still talk . . . a lot!That sounds like a plan.
Whos up for it then ;)
I really want to try this but I'm scared to death of adjusting the elavation on the dish and messing it up. Its wall mounted just below the gutter.
I'm ok on Nilesat at certain times of the day. I guess theres not much more can be done for 7W in the north west anyway.

Yes, after every change of the LNB aiming direction, I fine-tuned the elevation. The Laminas then still was temporarily mounted on the balcony, with convenient access, but only a limited arc with free view. So I optimized only on weak transponders of Turksat, Azerspace, Yahsat-1A.Was all the adjustment done by just tilting the LNB or did you need to adjust the dish too? Surely the the dish is already in the correct position and the adjustment was done to focus the LNB in on the whole of the dish.
I know what you talking about , standing on a ladder with the full weight of the dish in one hand , the other at the wall and the wrench between your teeths and yor wife infront of the TV , disaster !
I do have a spare of that fine adjuster , if you will i can send it to you in a envelope weights 40 gr
Its just a M6x60 bolt with 2 extension nuts and 2 M6x12 bolts , you just have to drill two 6.5mm holes in the mount .
View attachment 73630
You bet, Martin. I am making my holders just for sack of tests. And if they work better than will replicate them out of INOX ;)unless you are purposely wanting to move the lnb to a new position.