Tethys ALPHA FTA

A

Alxkid74

Member
Messages
3
Likes
0
#1
Bonjour à tous,

Hi all,

I've got a Tethys Alpha Fta. Would like to upgrade it. I have a null modem rs232 cable (with pair 2/3 twisted and 7/8 twisted) but the software doesn't recognize the receiver : it says : no answer
Any idea ?

Alx
 
B

beaver

Regular Member
Messages
15
Likes
0
#2
software by fedtec
name of the program unknown
but the exe file is ftlink.exe, if you have this program tellme how to get please, merci . check the configuration of your pc ports and protol, i have the manual that comes whit the receiver,and it tells how to do the upgrade. sorry about my english, i´m Portuguese and my wife French
 
B

beaver

Regular Member
Messages
15
Likes
0
#5
Hello Again, Is Nothing New About Tethys Alpha Fta?.
Codes, Software Update, Or Any Usefull Information About This Digital Receiver?
Thanks For Reply!!!
Nice New Year To All.
 
T

Tuzert

Member
Messages
6
Likes
0
#6
I have some information about the updating of the Tethys receiver since on
december 18th or 19th I have lost some TPS channels!
Perhaps have you yet this infomation too ???
This information is safe and certain because I have tested it on my receiver and, in fact, I received this information by my retail salesman in Seraing (Belgium).
Do the following :
1. Go to http://files.satbox.nl
2. on this site, go immediately in the bottom of the page.
3. Don't register, it is not necessary!
4. Download the following file : tethys alpha fta new 231204.zip (TPS OK)
5. Unzip it! You obtain one .exe file and one .bin file.
6. Connect a RS-232 straight cable between the receiver and your computer.
7. power on the receiver of course !
8. If necessary, and if you know how to do, save your channel configuration.
(if somebody want a tutorial about that job, say it and I 'll write it!)
9. Launch "ReceiverLink 1.0.exe" (the .bin file must be in the same directory!).
10. Click on the "Upgrade Software" button.
11. If necessary, and if you know how to do, load the channel configuration you saved before at point 8 (again, if you want that I explain that, say it and I'll post it on this forum!).

Good luck! I hope it works fine for you like for me.

Please tell me if you think my message was useful for you!

kind regards.
 
B

beaver

Regular Member
Messages
15
Likes
0
#7
Thans very much, sorry about my english, i´m Portuguese and don´t know speak very well, i,m very satisfied whit your reponse tank you again, and if y know more about this receiver i will post in this forum, bye. (now i go make the cable and try to do this when i have somme time).
 
B

beaver

Regular Member
Messages
15
Likes
0
#8
Hi, Tanks, Works Very Well ,je Peu Voir Maitenan M6 ,tf1,tf2, Tf3,etc, Etc Etc
If Some Problem Hapen I Will Tell Here In This Forum. Thans Again, Au Revoir.
 
B

beaver

Regular Member
Messages
15
Likes
0
#9
:) hi,again.
Many channels working in viacess mode are now visible, but how many time go the upgrade working, one friend tellme, this go work about one month, this is trhu?
and another updates? Where i can find them?
the recently zip file i upload opens more than tps, thanks again Tuzert. i´m happy
 
T

Tuzert

Member
Messages
6
Likes
0
#10
beaver said:
:) hi,again.
Many channels working in viacess mode are now visible, but how many time go the upgrade working, one friend tellme, this go work about one month, this is trhu?
and another updates? Where i can find them?
the recently zip file i upload opens more than tps, thanks again Tuzert. i´m happy
I think that it is impossible to know how many time the upgrade can working!
It is the same with Jesus Christ : nobody knows the date and the hour when he 'll come.

I think there is another site interesting for TETHYS : http://www.sat-urne.com.
go immediately to the link called "support".

cheers.
 
T

touha2

Member
Messages
1
Likes
0
#11
did you try the new patsh on the sat-urne site,does it open TPS cause i got some difficulties its seems to be like an originale flash with no interest
 
T

Tuzert

Member
Messages
6
Likes
0
#12
touha2 said:
did you try the new patsh on the sat-urne site,does it open TPS cause i got some difficulties its seems to be like an originale flash with no interest
No, I did not try the new patch on the sat-urne site.

I only did what I said in #6 dated 31/12/2005.

Ciao tutti.
 
B

beaver

Regular Member
Messages
15
Likes
0
#13
Hello . beaver return´s, tuzert you know nothing new about the tethys alpha fta? y lost some tps channels , i think they have maid some changes this month (fevr).
tell me if you know if are somme model whit diferent name equal to tethys, bye thanks.
 
A

Alxkid74

Member
Messages
3
Likes
0
#14
High Tuzert,

I am very very interested by having some explanations about the point 8 (in fact just the way to save the favorites)...
Are there some news about the new firmware about Tehtys ?

bye

Tuzert said:
I have some information about the updating of the Tethys receiver since on
december 18th or 19th I have lost some TPS channels!
Perhaps have you yet this infomation too ???
This information is safe and certain because I have tested it on my receiver and, in fact, I received this information by my retail salesman in Seraing (Belgium).
Do the following :
1. Go to http://files.satbox.nl
2. on this site, go immediately in the bottom of the page.
3. Don't register, it is not necessary!
4. Download the following file : tethys alpha fta new 231204.zip (TPS OK)
5. Unzip it! You obtain one .exe file and one .bin file.
6. Connect a RS-232 straight cable between the receiver and your computer.
7. power on the receiver of course !
8. If necessary, and if you know how to do, save your channel configuration.
(if somebody want a tutorial about that job, say it and I 'll write it!)
9. Launch "ReceiverLink 1.0.exe" (the .bin file must be in the same directory!).
10. Click on the "Upgrade Software" button.
11. If necessary, and if you know how to do, load the channel configuration you saved before at point 8 (again, if you want that I explain that, say it and I'll post it on this forum!).

Good luck! I hope it works fine for you like for me.

Please tell me if you think my message was useful for you!

kind regards.
 
A

abdel1965

Member
Messages
1
Likes
0
#15
Hello Tuzert thanks for your explanation and thanks to all who help others....
Since 25 feb i have no TPS channels nor multivision, i think it is the case of all..
i'm looking for a new patch ..if you can help thank very mach.
 
O

Outsider

Member
Messages
1
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Tethys Alpha fta
#16
Hello everybody! I'm New in the whole "satelite gig" and i whould like some explanations. I've got the tethys receiver and i recently boughtthe rs 232 cable to connect it with my pc. The thing is that WIN Xp dont recognise the receiver (I think this is natural) But when i try to use the software upgrader it shows a message that "com 1 not ready?" What and how can I overcome this problem? Can Anyone help me? What I've Been doing wrong? And another thing: Can i make the receiver visible to my pc so i can program it rightaway when I want to and not just wait for the updates? Or, How can i watch encrypted Channels? Thanx in advance!
 
T

Tuzert

Member
Messages
6
Likes
0
#17
abdel1965 said:
Hello Tuzert thanks for your explanation and thanks to all who help others....
Since 25 feb i have no TPS channels nor multivision, i think it is the case of all..
i'm looking for a new patch ..if you can help thank very mach.
It is the same for me : no TPS channels nor multivision!

The only to do, at this moment, is waiting the updated software on http://files.satbox.nl at the bottom of the page.

Sorry, I have no better news than this.

cheers.
 
T

Tuzert

Member
Messages
6
Likes
0
#18
Outsider said:
Hello everybody! I'm New in the whole "satelite gig" and i whould like some explanations. I've got the tethys receiver and i recently boughtthe rs 232 cable to connect it with my pc. The thing is that WIN Xp dont recognise the receiver (I think this is natural) But when i try to use the software upgrader it shows a message that "com 1 not ready?" What and how can I overcome this problem? Can Anyone help me? What I've Been doing wrong? And another thing: Can i make the receiver visible to my pc so i can program it rightaway when I want to and not just wait for the updates? Or, How can i watch encrypted Channels? Thanx in advance!
I try to answer to your questions:

1. Yes, it is natural that WinXP does not recognise the "Tethys Alpha FTA" receiver because this receiver is not a device ("périphérique" in french) of the PC.
2. You obtain the message "COM1 not ready" because you have not connected the RS-232 cable to the COM1 connector located on the back panel of your PC tower. Perhaps, you have connected to the COM2 connector and you do not know it! Thera are usually two serial ports on the back panel : COM1 and COM2 (Pay attention !!)
3. There can be another reason you obtain the "COM1 not ready" message :
your RS-232 cable is a "crossed" RS-232 cable! In fact, you must have a "straight" RS-232 cable for this operation and not a "crossed" RS-232 cable.
(The crossed RS-232 cable is only useful if you want to transfer the software + data from one receiver to another)
4. Do not forget, your receiver must be powered on, I mean the little light in the display of Tethys must be green and not red!
5. Technically, the receiver is not visible by the PC. The only thing that the PC sees is that data is copied through the COM1 or COM2 serial port.
The RS-232 cable can be permanently connected to the PC. In this case, you are always ready for fast updating your receiver.
6. Many channels (Multivision, TPS, etc...) can be watched by updating the receiver following the procedure I explained recently in this forum(message #6). Unfortunately, at the instant I am writing these lines, there is no updating file on http://files.satbox.nl and you must wait until there is one coming in.

I hope this information is helpful for you.

cheers!
 
T

Tuzert

Member
Messages
6
Likes
0
#19
Alxkid74 said:
High Tuzert,

I am very very interested by having some explanations about the point 8 (in fact just the way to save the favorites)...
Are there some news about the new firmware about Tehtys ?

bye
In order to save your channel configuration from your receiver to your PC, do the following :
1. Go to http://www.sat-urne.com
2. click on the link called "support technique"
3. click on the link "transfert de donnees/Data transfert" under title "Tethys Alpha FTA".
4. click on "Download" near "Channel Editor"
5. You obtain the executable: "tethys alpha fta channel editor v2.1.exe
6. Connect a RS-232 "straight" cable between the receiver and the port COM1 of your computer.
7. Power on the receiver of course!
8. Double-click on the executable "tethys alpha fta channel editor v2.1.exe".
9. Click on the button [Read User Data].
10. wait a moment, then >file then >Save;
choose a name for the file, for example "MyChannels" and save it on
your pc!


In order to load your channel configuration from your PC to your receiver, do the following :
1. do points 6, 7 an 8 as above.
2. >file and then >Load;
choose the file you saved early, for example "MyChannels.cch" and open it.
3. click on the button [Write User Data]
4. Wait a moment until the whole job is well done!

About the firmware, I am waiting like everybody for a new firmware on http://files.satbox.nl

I hope this information is helpful for you!

Regards.
 
B

beaver

Regular Member
Messages
15
Likes
0
#20
hello. i´m dooing the same, keep trying, but in the moment is nothing new for yet.
 
Top