Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
TWO Aussies were out hunting in the outback and came upon a huge hole in the ground.

They approached it and were amazed at its size.

The first said, "Wow, that's some hole. I can't even see the bottom. I wonder how deep it is."

The second said, "There's an old gear box over there. Let's throw it in and see how long it takes to hit bottom."

So, they picked up the gear box, carried it over to the hole, counted one-two-three and heaved it in.
As they were standing there, looking over the edge of the hole, waiting for some sound from the gearbox falling into the hole, a goat came crashing
through the underbrush, ran up to the hole and without hesitation, jumped in head first.

At first they both stood there, open mouthed, staring at each other in amazement, and they peered into the hole, trying to figure out what that was all about.

Just then an old farmer sauntered up. "G'day, you blokes didn't happen to see my goat?"

The first hunter said, "Funny you should ask. We were just standing here a minute ago and a goat came running out of the bushes doing about a 100 MPH and jumped head first
into this hole!"

The old farmer said, "Nah, that's impossible! I’ve got him chained to an old gear box."

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Thats basically one of Simon Mayo's True Confessions which was on Radio1 about 30 years ago!

That version was in Cornwall & the goat was tied to a railway sleeper

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Thats basically one of Simon Mayo's True Confessions which was on Radio1 about 30 years ago!

That version was in Cornwall & the goat was tied to a railway sleeper
Wish my memory was that good, but then I rarely listened to Mayo if at all and usually can't remeber what I had for breakfast yesterday let alone what was on the radio 30 years ago:rolleyes: but it made me laugh