The All New Gripes Thread

bim

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax foxsat Thomson Tsr200 Pace 3100 Black pro quad dvbs2 80 and 100cm dishes
My Location
croatia Lat 45.3301 Lon 14.1822
No, but get call outs when they are jammed in the sockets.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Now why doesn't it surprise me that some people are too stupid to realise they should be removed!

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
TV adverts...I've previously mentioned SWMBO's proclivity for afternoon tv, which brings with it a 'type' of advertising. There's Michael Parkinson trying to sell you funeral insurance. Or a group of 'pensioners' wanting to go on holiday and take in activities which would lead your family to benefit from Mr. Parkinsons offer. However there are two which I find more annoying. One for a hair removal system which asks if you are self concious about 'upper lip hair'....well no, actually it's taken me nearly six months to cultivate the present luxuriant growth just under my nose.

The other is for 'crepe skin' (endorsed by Jane Seymour, who appears in a bikini....ah, the wonders of photoshop). The only time I get skin on my crepes is if I leave them to cook for too long.....

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Evidence. We need evidence.

images.jpg

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Farcical attempts at melodrama by TV Correspondents.

Why does the affectation of saying "In the coming days, weeks and months" describe an issue more effectively than "In the coming months"?

Why stop there: Include seconds, minutes and hours too. That'll get us on the edge of our seats.

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

My Location
Normandy, France
Evidence. We need evidence.

Warning : The following contains a graphic image and may be unsuitable for those of a nervous disposition....(though there is no flash photography)

DSCF2011.JPG

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
I find that loud mouthed in your face advert for changing suppliers so irritating. he makes out he is tapping on your TV screen to wake you up. I feel like kicking the TV in. I switch over and then its Fart & Dick advertising a car, I have to change channels again. I have never bought anything because some celeb promotes it. I find Aldi razors as good as Gillette, 80% + cheaper. After all I am not likely to get that close to Kylie for her to notice the difference, if any.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Rarely see adverts as most of our viewing is BBC-centric.

Anything we might watch on Commercial Channels is generally recorded anyway, so we can fast forward through ads.

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
A

Archive4

Santander Bank adverts! We will give you this, this and this and all banking should be fair.
Like that´s true, how the hell do you think they can afford to pay Jenson Button, Jennifer Ellis and Rory Mcilroy , I can tell you! In Spain you have to pay for your account, any associated cards and for some transactions. If you dare use another banks machine to withdraw cash, add 3 - 6 % for your trouble. Go to the branch and ask for personal service at the desk! USE THE ATM!

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Fking lawn mowers. Whoever invented them should be cut up to pieces. Electrical ones are just crap - most of the grass just ends up inside the blade chamber thing and petrol ones NEVER start. We spent a good amount of cash on a new one a few months ago and I think it started once.

Today, no amount of swearing will get it going. We'll resort to burning the grass and putting asphalt over the top.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Fking lawn mowers. Whoever invented them should be cut up to pieces. Electrical ones are just crap - most of the grass just ends up inside the blade chamber thing and petrol ones NEVER start. We spent a good amount of cash on a new one a few months ago and I think it started once.

Today, no amount of swearing will get it going. We'll resort to burning the grass and putting asphalt over the top.
What you want is one of these...

IMAG0234a.jpg

Fabulous boy's toy.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ain't that the truth.

My neighbour has one, and boy don't we know it.

Drives it like a maniac (Reflecting his on-road performance presactly) and cares not what time of dzay and for how long he disturbs everyone.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England

I used to use Flymo but they really were crap. The thing with rotary mowers is the grass needs to be fairly dry or it sticks to inside. Since I got a Bosh Rotatrak 4 years ago I have had no problems. Even cuts wet grass but tends to stick to the sides a bit. I simply scrape off the excess twice whilst mowing 80 sq metres of lawn.
If you really don't want grass cover it with good quality pegged down weed blanket and cover it with bark chippings. I did the front lawn 10 years ago, she planted shrubs throughout and I replace the chippings every 7 years or so.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
What you need is sheep...

A nonymous

Reaction score
What really winds me up is when you have something listed on ebay on a 30 day listing buy it now and somebody asks you after its been live for ten minuets if you would accept less money than its listed for.

If i wanted less for it i would have listed it for less :mad:

Its obvious since its posted on a 30 day listing that you are in no rush to sell it. Some people are so f**king stupid :-doh

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
and petrol ones NEVER start. We spent a good amount of cash on a new one a few months ago and I think it started once.

Try performing some maintenance then...:-rofl2

Left fuel in it over winter? Probably has water in the carb causing corrosion and non starting, get thee onto the youtubes and learn how to own a petrol engine...:D

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Got the fake sheep going in the end. For some reason, the spark wasn't being produced. Cleaned the 'plug, put it back in and it fired up. (No dirty fuel - ran it dry before winter set in, so looked like some corrosion between the HT lead and the plug itself).

I don't expect to buy a new car and then spend half my time trying to get it started. Maybe in the 70's....