the dish wont go round remotely

flashgordon1952

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky amstrad and panasonic systems 6 pack setup. two 42cm dishes.just ordered a technomate 6900HD with motorised system one metre dish. also at another address.twin feed static 80 mm dish non digital system. 6 year old dell with server memory 680 of
My Location
essex in the wilds somewhere
after haveing so many problems with getting those satellites in the memory now have 20. all working. fine the dish going round to the desired satellite... then friday found the damm thing wont go round to the desired satellite remotetly at all to any ofthe satellites. the only thing i have not done was not to download the latest updates/ latest software says april 08. but didnot download the latest to the reciever through the pc updates for technomate. so how do i sort the probelms out. i tried offcourse reinstalling the satellites position in the meory still wont go round

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
Most likely that F connector has come loose or summat like that.

flashgordon1952

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky amstrad and panasonic systems 6 pack setup. two 42cm dishes.just ordered a technomate 6900HD with motorised system one metre dish. also at another address.twin feed static 80 mm dish non digital system. 6 year old dell with server memory 680 of
My Location
essex in the wilds somewhere
if it was the F connector was loose it would not work anyway no ones touched it since i got it. maybe water gone in then again the connections outside are sealed. and i think its a software issue. it appears i am not the only guy to have this problem. (only had it a week|) in manual mode on setup motorised it works fine. i assume its gone in the memory maybe thats the problem the memory on save! is not working properly but works fine when saveing the channels. its a weird one. was suggested the system itself motor/elcctronice is poor quality. esp as i got the system installed cheap. considering whats involved the TM6900 costs £280 i got the whole thing for £445. installation. dish/motor /cable etc.. and its all technomate stuff.

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
Sorry, I thought the motor was not moving at all; if it is moving initially and then stalling on a particular satellite then I don't have any experience with that. It may be something to do with the receiver or the motor itself. Hopefully, someone more clued up will come along to give further insight.