The Future of Satellite??

W

Wombatter

My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S with 160GBHdd, 128MB USB, PLi Image.

SkyStar2 PCI Rev 2.6D, 1GB, XP Pro, AltDVB 2.1.
My Location
London, UK
Hi all,

With all these channels/companies going for Videoguard/Cardmagedon/etc.. encryptions, I was wondering if it would be wise to invest in a Dreambox 7xxx series??

Because I do not know if my (Bluestar/Openbox/Powersky5) box would handle these in a firmware update? But the dreambox is basically a linux pc (which I use daily and more native for me) and would/could be easier to program/make a scam that could do Videoguard/Cardmagedon in the future..

Any thoughts from anyone would be welcome on this, so I could make a descision...

Thanks.

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well the linux style receiver is possibly one of the futures, but with the new encryptions rolling out, even the mighty Dreambox may fall short on solutions.

W

Wombatter

My Satellite Setup

My Location
London, UK
Thx for the answer "Oh forum GOD" :)

hmmm. so save my money? and see if the Tripple Dragon box takes off / or can handle it...

or wait for something else in the future???

R

racingclubuk

My Satellite Setup
IBM Supercomputer
My Location
Ogmore by Sea - South Wales
who knows - you could wait forever :-toilet

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I don't think that it matters which direction your receiver purchase takes, there are bound to be some pitfalls, the advantage with the Dreambox is that if you buy a model with CAM slots, at least if the Emulators let you down, then you can use a CAM and card.

There will I'm sure be more of these "official" hacks on security cards in circulation in the future and this may be the only way for a standalone receiver to receive some packages.

W

Wombatter

My Satellite Setup

My Location
London, UK
Cheers for your inputs, I'm picking up a dreambox 7000 for £150 of a m8, hopefully I can tinker with that to get some channels on my current triple lnb solution.

Once I work out the PPC opcodes for linux (as opposed to x86) I might even tinker at a scam, who knows....

Thanks for all your help(s)