The hair is intended by nature to keep the head warm

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
So why does the body reject hair on a man's head? Not all, but a lot. Surely, this is a faulty bodily advancement!

Discuss. :p

petengade

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none yet
My Location
sussex
With me it's old age and the body is shutting down, but just you watch when I put dish up later this year, no hair in eyes anymore!

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Can't be old age for all peeps though, because Prince William is going thin on top and he's only 24. :)

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
It gives us oldies the right to wear any type/style of head gear, 24/7 indoors or out, that we choose:-rofl2 .
PR

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Yeah. :D I suppose. :D

But ever seen a baldie with thick sideburn? ;)

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
And/or mutton chop whiskers!
PR

sophia

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hispasat, head500
My Location
Grande Lisboa
Well according to an interesting theory I read, men (mainly men) get bold because of the exposure of the hair follicles to DHT , in a genetically susceptible person, over a period of time.
So translating : If certain cells of your hair follicles and sebaceous glands get exposed to dihydrotestosterone (male hormones) and if you are genetically propense to get bold then, my friend, get prepared to save a lot of money in shampoo, hairbrushes or coams, visits to do haircuts, etc.

But this should not make men feel miserable. In fact their is a brazillian song called : "É dos carecas que elas gostam mais" meaning it's the bold guys the girls like best. Must be of the male hormones that are flourishing in their head (and mind) ...:D

info from: http://www.forhair.com/hair%20loss.htm

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well I definitley save money on the hair dressers, took the decision a while ago to cut and keep at 3 to 6mm, but it does mean that a woolly hat is essential wear in cold weather, due to the lack of natural thermal screening. :D

What really peed me off though, was about the same time as my hair started going from my head, it started growing on my shoulders. :-lmao

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I await with interest to see what my body is going to do with the hair that now threatens to grow down from my nostrils and outwards from the pores at the tip of my nose.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
It's the one's in my ears that get up my nose so as to speak :-Nooo

As regards my head well it is odd really, both my grandfathers were bald but my dad was not and I am not (not yet anyhow)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Ah yes, the hair in the ear.

For the last 4 or 5 years I have suffered from EXTREMELY itchy ears in the outer auditory channel. So itchy that I HAVE to find something to poke down to scratch the itch. My family is horrified by this and my mother has warned that one of her uncles made himself deaf by poking a matchstick down his ears but I have to do something to relieve te itching.

It's not a build-up of earwax as my hearing is perfect (although neither of my daughters would agree as I am always telling them to stop mumbling) and anyway, the earwax doesn't have a cjance to build up.

My theory is that about 4 years ago when hair started growing in strange places that some of it was inside this outer channel. All the doctor can offer me is some drops to soften earwax which is NOT the problem.

Am I doomed to suffer the rest of my life like this?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Snap :cool:

Still experimenting on this one I once went to Turkey and met a guy with a similar problem and he used to swear by the usefulness of going to a Turkish barber who burnt the hairs from his ears by blowing the flame from an oil lamp into his ear:eek: As I have not been to a barbers in over 25 years and not having a Turkish barber any where near I have considered the use of one of these but my wife would never agree to using that on me. Anyhow her eyesite is not as good as she reckons and I might end up deaf and blind which would only compound my existing stupidity:-rofl2

sophia

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hispasat, head500
My Location
Grande Lisboa
PaulR said:
I await with interest to see what my body is going to do with the hair that now threatens to grow down from my nostrils and outwards from the pores at the tip of my nose.

Topper said:
It's the one's in my ears that get up my nose so as to speak :-Nooo

:eek: :-rofl2

Gosh !!! And we girls still complain about our hairs growing on legs, arm pits , and well "other" places that have to be taken off , just to look decent in a bathing suit ...

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Has anyone come forth yet with a way of transplanting the hair from the back of the back, to the top of the head yet? ;)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Saturlight said:
from the back of the back, to the top of the head yet? ;)

By back of the back do you mean your chest or did you mean to type back of the head, if so that has been done I have seen it done a number of times on TV.

sophia said:
Gosh !!! And we girls still complain about our hairs growing on legs, arm pits , and well "other" places that have to be taken off , just to look decent in a bathing suit ...

How refreshing to have an alternative perspective from a member of the fairer s_x, I think as regards swim wear men don't give a monkeys about themselves but do appreciate the time and effort put in by some women ;)

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
No, m8, I meant the back of your front side, your bodily back. :D Mine's very hairy, almost an ape ;)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
PaulR said:

You could always comb them up - and over the head for that special look.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Channel Hopper said:
You could always comb them up - and over the head for that special look.
You mean like Jimmy Edwards used to with those handlebars :p

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Nature intended to keep the brain warm, that is true.
As everybody knows, men think with their testicles (at least 99% of them), this means their actual brain is down under. Proof is, they never go bald there and eunics have a full head of hair. Tataaaaaa!
So, the balding head, furry ears and curly nostrils are just proof that the body, after about 45 years, finally realised what is going on and abandoned the top to concentrate on where it matters...

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
T_G said:
Nature intended to keep the brain warm, that is true.

*from the safety of his bunker*
it could also explain why women spend loads of money on hair removal...........