Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Margaret Thatcher died in her sleep after a stroke this morning. Some will remember her with fondness others with hate, but whichever side you did or still do belong to you can only admire her strength of character to succeed in the male orientated domain of parliament
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/margaret-thatcher-dies-aged-87-following-stroke-120503055.html#XbMkJKA

Just to re-iterate that I have no wish for this thread to degenerate into a political slanging match, (which is not allowed on the forum) comment if you want but only appropriately at this time of sadness for many

RIP Margaret

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Sadly, we shall never see the like again.

Courageous, strong and really quite likeable in person, too.

RIP Ma'am

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Yes, a very divisive figure in English history. A very strong woman who was famed for "handbagging" her "wet" colleagues.

RIP Margaret

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
RIP Mrs Thatcher, a woman of immense character, her firm leadership over the Falklands crisis was legendary and got us through a very sticky period.

This is a memorial thread where a person has died, I will reiterate, if you have nothing good to say, and wish to protest, then mark your protest by not posting!

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Very sad. RIP. Our best ever leader (have we had a true leader since?) Yes very divisive, but that was because she was prepared to make tough decisions, not easy decisions.

A nonymous

Reaction score
A sad day for British poitics.

The only leader we ever had with a spine. Rest in peace Maggie, I doubt we will ever see another leader like her again in our time :(