The New Tm9100 Super

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Yes you read correctly, Technomate have released a new version of the Tm9100.

Seems the only diference in the new model is the memory which is double the older model.

Now we know why the boxes have been going cheap as of late.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
yeah seems so, i've sort of got to the stage of cba with mine i dont know why just got up one day and got my tm1500ci back out

Kalipo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Starlight MX pointing at Hotbird and Astra 19.2
My Location
Uk
I got the dm back out the other day but didnt get enough energy to connect the loop through.. so gave up..

As for the tm i feel kind of ripped off.. but i cant see there being any problem with it as the memory on my box is hardly being used.. still could run more plugins etc :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well if all they've changed is the amount of memory, I can't see it being a big hit, despite the usual Technomate cross forum hyping, as apart from the tuner, it isn't a touch on the Dreambox.

martinw01908

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 9100 and 90cm dish motorised
My Location
South East Midlands
It runs most things that the Dreambox will do. Have got the usual plugins and addons working, bitrate viewer, dreamnetcast, RSS feeds etc. I have 5 images on multiboot via an SD card. Multiple EMUS. Have most things open. BUT:

I'm having trouble getting the PVR bit to work via a networked hard drive. I set up a CIFS mount ok to it but it won't do anything with the drive. I can't even get it to see files or the drive in file mode. I also read that users with locally installed hard drives can't do time shifting on it yet.

Its late, I'll work more on it tomorrow. Yes its not quite dreambox level (yet) but can't really grumble for £100 (third of dreambox price)

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
i dont have any complaints with mine was very good actually for the money as i was going to buy the dm600 but thought i would give the 9100 a go

TitiOiseau

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky2 sat card
Win XP
My Location
France
Its seems that the memory is not double

The normal has 64 MB memory and the super has 72MB

Its the organization of the memory who is not the same

Bye

daxv8

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020 250g& Triax 90cm ,Technomate 8000 HD , Echostar AD-3000, Superjack VBOX2 Triax 1.1m LNB Lemon mono block
My Location
London
Hi,

Does the memory make any differance to the operation from the old to the new super . Seems a lot just for a memory change?
I have a Dreambox 7020 and can you use the CAMS and keys ?

Cheers

daxv8

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020 250g& Triax 90cm ,Technomate 8000 HD , Echostar AD-3000, Superjack VBOX2 Triax 1.1m LNB Lemon mono block
My Location
London
Rolfw ,

How are you getting on with the TM9100 if you still have it .

Dreambox have all the support so is the tm9100 worth the problem of a minority user group and little support.

Thoughts ?

Cheers

homerjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Spiderbox 9000HD, Super DARK MOTOR, 80cm Dish, SKY+ HD, HTPC w/7MC
My Location
Chorley, Lancs
seems to be a fair amount of support on alsat.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That's the problem, it is a one forum receiver and that being the forum which is the major seller and where I have seen people rapped over the knuckles for criticising it, or the software for it.

I prefer my receivers to have a little wider support from independent forums and sources, as the software is normally then designed around owners' wants and feedback.

PS. This is of course my personal opinion, as i know a few people quite like the receiver.

@ davx5, sitting on the shelf at the moment, haven't had time to try again with it. :)

homerjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Chorley, Lancs
fair enough, i see what youre saying.

so dya reckon the dreambox is the still the way to go?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well I prefer it, but then again, I'm sure you'll find a few people who have the opposite opinion. I seriously doubt whether there'll be many who have actually owned both and prefer the Technomate though. :)

The only thing i would criticise on my old DM7000 is the tuner could be better, but it pulls in everything I require and I didn't find that the 9100 tuner was any better.

daxv8

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
rolf ,

My experience of Technomate is not good has my TM8000 HD had some support when it first came out then the software upgrades just slowed down then nothing . The main problem is that the software was never fixed . PVR function had freezing issues ,search function issues , handset was crap . So not the best of experiences.
I would like not to go down the same road . There is a dedicated form and this seems very popular at present and the software seems to be improving some early bugs.

I am sitting on the side line at the moment but my thoughts our that the non super version is so cheap compared to a Dreambox 7020.

Cheers

homerjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Chorley, Lancs
thats what i was thinking daxv8, the price of the tm9100 is half that of a 7020.

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
Was about to buy a Technomate Super 9100 (was entering my visa information then gave up).

On second thought, software support and reputation is more important than hardware. E.g. Vista and Office 2007 might cost more than the PC they are installed on.

Hence have decided to stick with dreambox. £100 premium of a 7020S is well worth the quality of the hardware e.g. no need to jtag and the current and future software.

Will upgrade if a new HD linux receiver comes out, be it dreambox or technomate, or other new kid on the block :cool: