The right dish for my area

bedbug

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
uk
Hi

I'm going for a motorised dish setup but I'm not sure what size to go for. I live in Wimborne, Dorset and I'm hoping this will allow me to go for a dish of around60cm. I'm really interested in the euro channels ie German, French and perhaps Italian (but thats not essential). I live in a bungalow and the best view of south is from the front of the house. This being the case I've been attracted to the Fracarro Penta dishes as they're more pleasing on the eye - to me at least - and appear to be a tad smaller. Would the 68cm be sufficient? Any thoughts would be appreciated

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Yes the 68cm FR DIGIT Penta will perform okay on the popular satellites... and from the above it's sounds as if your be mainly viewing 19e to 13e for German, French and Italian programming.

Take a look at this thread as it maybe of some interest > http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...ations/130949-penta-68-moteck-motor-test.html

Also consider a rear fixing mount (if line of sight allows) and possibly go for a 85cm version.