The tax disc is gone.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Tax disc?....don't have them here....we do have to display our valid insurance and car test certificates though...

Insurance and test.JPG

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The VED Disc for SWMBO's new car is still in pristine condition attached to the covering letter and unperforated.

I stuck a photocopy of the disc in the car until last night, for old times sake.

Am keeping the original as one of the last issued.

Took the one from my car off yesterday and drove to the shops today with a completely clear windscreen. Visibility is vastly improved.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Took the one from my car off yesterday and drove to the shops today with a completely clear windscreen. Visibiltiy is vastly improved.

Why? Is the windscreen only the size of a letterbox?

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Why? Is the windscreen only the size of a letterbox?

No, but his tax disc may have been a little on the large size....
6832449-large.jpg

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
No more easily grassing up your neighbour then:-buttkick, some may say a retrograde step but there are no beat bobbies checking these days in any case

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
You know what's funny, I got an email for an ebay seller's newsletter a couple of weeks back, and in it I found various forms of disc holders (for motorbikes & car windscreens) were reduced to clear, sad part is, there's probably people out there who bought them not realising they wouldn't be needed in a few weeks from when I got the email... :-rofl2

Still, it's about time the DVLA went all modern, with all the cop cars out there with ANPR cameras onboard, they can spot a dodgy motor (tax, insutance, MOT, stolen, etc.) instantly without the need to see a piece of paper, so the old "My tax disc is in the post" excuse is now redundant, of course, it means they'll have to crack down on dodgy vanity plates with non-standard fonts and black dots stuck on to form words which make the letters or numbers look like other letters , but, that's another issue... :D

Though they are still yet to give a good reason why they get two months worth of money when someone sells a car, cos they'll refund the seller the months AFTER the current month, but charge the buyer for the present month, I foresee mass private selling at the ends of months to prevent the gubberment getting more money than they should... :-rofl2

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive seen a report today that around London theres a rapidly increasing trend of stealing numberplates. Criminals can just filch a numberplate off a car belonging to a law abiding citizen - all taxed and paid up - and drive around unchallenged all day

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Criminals can just filch a numberplate off a car belonging to a law abiding citizen - all taxed and paid up - and drive around unchallenged all day

Thing is, now the crims won't know if the car they're cloning is taxed or not, best thing to do is fit the plates with anti-theft screws and have a load of double-sided tape on the back to make it harder to pull off... :)

Or just stay away from london, I prefer that choice myself... :D

sep990

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600
My Location
UK
Thing is, now the crims won't know if the car they're cloning is taxed or not, best thing to do is fit the plates with anti-theft screws and have a load of double-sided tape on the back to make it harder to pull off... :)

Or just stay away from london, I prefer that choice myself... :D

Better look for the screws the local police provided... :D