The Texas Chainsaw Masacre on C4 last night

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Not the original, I've never seen that. This was the remake made in 2003. The TCM has a big reputation for being cutting edge horror gore, but this remake was just like tens of films I've seen on the Horror Zone, Film4 and Channel 18.

I'm not complaining, I was thoroughly "entertained", if I can use that word. But the original is obviously praised because it was groundbreaking stuff, the remake, just another "group of young people get lost in redneck territory, only to end up in bits and dead."

And anyway, why are these people so thick in these films? :D It's always the campervan that stops at a "gas station" where a weird old redneck, spitting onto the ground, says "you people new round here, you better head back..."

<SPITS>:D

What do they do? Yeah, keep on going passed an old wooden sign that says Creak County and Blueberry Valley. :D

LOL.:D

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Yeah!

I didn't much like the original, either, couldn't see the point, but at least it WAS the original. Not at all slick, in fact almost incoherent, making it hard to believe Tobe Hooper had anything to do with the extremely slick "Poltergiest".

My fave is The Evil Dead, although the tree rape scene is these days usually cut out. A pity, because that's one of the best satirical bits. Pretty much the inspiration for all those (nothing like as good!) later "knowing" (nudge, wink) teen slasher horror movies, like Friday 13th, Scream, etc ......

Evil Dead featured The Necronomicon, H P Lovecraft's fictional creation (a book on necromancy), after seeing which, many people belived it really existed! Of course, not long afterwards, a "translation" got published ..... !

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
You usually find all uncut material, whether it mature content or horror, on the Italian and Spanish channels.

Spiney, that's why I like Channel 18 on Hispasat. Yet I still cannot believe how other countries such as the Uk, still maintain strict censorshiop onto something which is fictional and full of special effects in horror.

Horror isn't real, unless you're held captive in Iraq, then is damned well real.