The truth about ART cards....

timbo86

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, CM 1.2 with invacom quad c120 & channelmaster feedhorn.
My Location
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Just home from Cyprus and the bars there show the matches via ART. So if I buy one to use in the UK, Will it work?

pothead13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci + 1000d super +
skystar 2 pci card
1M Motorised dish
Ivacon twin lnb
pc + laptop on network
My Location
uk
should do with the right reciever or cam

timbo86

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, CM 1.2 with invacom quad c120 & channelmaster feedhorn.
My Location
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Im looking for a bit more info than 'should' before I part with my cash....Anyone else help??????

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
timbo86 said:
Im looking for a bit more info than 'should' before I part with my cash....Anyone else help??????

If you use the 'Search' option on the blue bar near the top of each page and type 'art cards' this will let you read all the previous threads - seems to be some conflicting information.

I understand that they do work - sure someone will confirm.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
they work :-)

TWAG

demo316

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nothin yet :(
My Location
england
I have been running my ART for 3 weeks now....it was a self activating one slotted it in my TM 7765 and it cleard the ART channels within a few seconds :)
If you can and don't mind paying a little more get one of the old style cards as there is no phoning to get them acctivated....

I believe the new style cards work for 7 days in that time you have to phone your dealer with the card number and get it activated....

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
There are two types of ART cards, those especially for the UK and those supplied from North Africa. The former will have issues later in the season, the latter may not be active for the full period of six months as they count down while on the shelf.

demo316

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nothin yet :(
My Location
england
So your saying the new style scracth and acctivate cards won't last the full 6 months?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You would have to speak with your dealer (and get something in writing to prove it, should anything go tits up ).

zooma

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000, Technomate TM-6800 HD, 80cm Dish, Tosh HD DVD, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Netgear Media Streamer
My Location
NW England
anyone know a good place to get ART cards from, prices seem to have sky rocketed in last month

stevieboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
xp pRO
My Location
uk
Other channel you can watch is on digialb ON 16e. Cost about £75 for 6 months viewing. Legitimate card working in Conax cam. You get 2/3 matches on an afternoon. eg today Man Utd and Spurs matches plus German game. When football not on they show movies and one channel is the MILAN football channel.

Worth looking at as much cheaper than ART.

Steve

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Just to add to what Steve said, you get English commentary too on the prem games. (if you want it).

wellsy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fixed dish pointing at Hotbird 13 deg, using a
Technomate 1500 CI+. various spares to fall back on.
My Location
North West
demo316 said:
I have been running my ART for 3 weeks now....it was a self activating one slotted it in my TM 7765 and it cleard the ART channels within a few seconds :)
If you can and don't mind paying a little more get one of the old style cards as there is no phoning to get them acctivated....

I believe the new style cards work for 7 days in that time you have to phone your dealer with the card number and get it activated....

Yes, i did everything they said to do but it failed after 7 days. I have a Force receiver with embedded Viaccess 2, but even though I kept the card in the card slot and tuned to an ART channel it has still to activate. I bought in on E-bay, but these self activating cards are available from lots of retailers. Can anyone suggest what I could do to try and activate it??

ldare

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +
My Location
Wales
Hi,

I am fairly new to this. I'd like to watch Prem football. Aswell as an ART card what hardware do I need?

Thanks
Lou

pothead13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci + 1000d super +
skystar 2 pci card
1M Motorised dish
Ivacon twin lnb
pc + laptop on network
My Location
uk
just get skystar2 pci card no need for art card as many chanels open show all football