wa1es_4_ever

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm Fortec Star Dish
1.2mtr Channelmaster Dish
Manhattan Plaza 3300 Receiver
My Location
Neath, South Wales. UK
I have always been pointing my dishes at the east satellites and havent ventured much to the west satellites apart from Thor at 0.8w
I have a few questions about the west satellites.
Firstly i live in South Wales and i have 3 dishes. One is a Channel Master 1.2mtr, Fortec Star 90cm and a sky minidish 45cm. Would i be able to pick up the satellites at 12.5 west and 24.5 west with the 90 cm dish
Secondly i have noticed that 24.5 west and 8 west seem to have a few football feeds, are these feeds available to anyone as someone told me the feeds on 8 west are impossible to pick up as they are on the Telecom satellite
Thirdly would i be able to pick up 24.5w, 12.5w, 8w and 5w with multi lnbs all from my 90 cm dish
Sorry for so many questions. Also is there any other satellites in the west thats worth picking up, especially for free to air tv and i dont mind what language they are.
As i said i live in South Wales and my Latitude is 51.6346 and my Longitude is -3.8227

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Check the link for lyngsat as that lists the Western satellites and FTA channels:
Code:
http://www.lyngsat.com/atlantic.html
Click on the Beam links to see approximately what size dish is required.

As for FTA, Free to Air, feeds a lot of them are broadcast in 4:2:2, which reqquires a receiver ike the AZ Box or using your PC, also quite a few now are in HD, High Definition, which requires a HD receiver.

Your friends are probably talking about the inclined orbit, of one of the satellites, which makes it difficult to pick up and requires adjusting your dish to get the channels, as it doesn't follow the normal arc, you can read more detailed information in other threads on the forum.

30W used to be the most popular satellite to the West, apart from 1W, as they used to broadcast a lot of channels using Nagra 2, same as Digi TV, so could be viewed, there should still be a few FTA channels on there.