thick as 2 short planks!!

twitcher

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
newbie loking for advice please
My Location
Norfolk UK
Hello you lovely technical people. I am a complte `beginner`...well thats the polite description!:confused

I have a lady partner who has moved from Germany to be with me
4X3ILwVbXEa4oAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
...ok...all say...ahhhh..thank you. I would like to obtain German tv programmes for her...I also note they can include Europsort...mmm. Havnt got a clue where to start...I would also need an installer...cant climb ladders...well not the sort of ladders needed...erhm!!

I would be most grateful for you expert advice please.

Cost wise...fitted would be best..say £150 to £200 max. Or would it be best to buy the `bits` and find a good satellite installer to fit them?

I would be most grateful for you expert advice please.

I live in Norfolk, close to the A47, post code IP25 7l. I have a Samsung TV LCD Le 656 etc...Panasonic DVD recorder with Freeview also.

Many thanks...John

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Either buy the bits and fit it yourself, or get an installer to do both.

A ladder is not necessarily needed if you put it low down and have line of sight to the satellite.

You want Astra 19.2E for German stuff, needing a 60cm, and a FTA satellite receiver.

Have a look at dishponter.com find your house and see which way the dish needs to point.

twitcher

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Norfolk UK
Many trhanks Robbo...I would think that the installers would prefer to supply also. Will check `dishpointer`...excellent.
Any ideas of the `recommended parts` I may need??...and regarding the the outlay??

Thanks...John

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Not really too critical for that satellite or for FTA channels.

An example would be a Triax TD64 dish and an Icecrypt s2000 cci for standard definition or a s3000HDCCI for HD. Plus a wall bracket and some cabling of course.

Give one of the site sponsors a ring, and see what they can offer you.

I would estimate, in the region of £100 to £150 for parts.

Or if you want really low budget, B&Q do a Ross SD kit for £25. The receiver is pretty nasty though, and so is the dish, but it will work.

twitcher

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Norfolk UK
you have hit the button Robbo...many thanks, I will investigate the price ranges and get organised.
Once again...many ..many thanks for your prompt and enlightening help..
John