Thieving *astards

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
'O'-red OK so who nicked my dish and bits? TNT had it at the Durham depot and its gone missing. Now how can you lose a box with a 1.2 m dish inside. 3 days they have been looking and no sign. So some *astard has thieved it and its given me a weeks delay in setting up my system, besides all the phone calls. If you see an Andrews brand new 1.2 m dish with matched feedhorn and lnb for sale, its likely to have been nicked.

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
you sure you didnt receive it??? could of missed placed it :-ohmy

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
Yeshi said:
you sure you didnt receive it??? could of missed placed it :-ohmy

I am having enough probs with the neighbour by saying I am having one dish so don't want 2. :)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Don't worry, you're not the only one who's lost a parcel by courier, my laptop which was supposed to replace my current one has been lost by DHL, but a 1.2m dish isn't that easy to lose compared to a laptop in a box!!! :eek:

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Few years ago I ordered the latest Sony DVD player model from Germany and it was quite expensive.
I received the parcel and after customs clearance, I opened the parcel only to find two blocks of heavy wood inside.
The most distressing thing was that there was no manual inside to show me how to install it.:)

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern England
Now that is mean. They could have put in a few 4" nails and a hammer.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
surely tnt have records of which van it came into the depot on and who was driving

where was it you bought the dish from if i think its sat superstore then they will sort it out as it should be insured for loss and damage

for some one to steal that dish they must know what it was and how much it was worth or wanted it for themselves

i thought it was harder for this to happen with couriers as everything has parcel numbers

as the manager could say what happened to item xxxxxxxx and get suspicious

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern England
It was collected from Sat Supoerstore last Wednesday, the Durham depot had it but can't find it and the tracking number on their site tells you to ring them. You have to wait 3 days whilst they do a search before its all replaced. Sat Superstore were very good and I should get my Andrews dish, lnb and feedhorn tomorrow. The omly thing I will drip about is paying for 2 day delivery and waiting a week.

wod said:
surely tnt have records of which van it came into the depot on and who was driving

where was it you bought the dish from if i think its sat superstore then they will sort it out as it should be insured for loss and damage

for some one to steal that dish they must know what it was and how much it was worth or wanted it for themselves

i thought it was harder for this to happen with couriers as everything has parcel numbers

as the manager could say what happened to item xxxxxxxx and get suspicious

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
lol 3 days to wait a 1.2m dish is massive so its not that hard to find or see it.

slightly off topic does the dish come with the az-el mount aswell as i dont need one and was thinking of ordering a 1.2m myself

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
Someone posted an item to me by RM parcels last Thursday 1 Nov and it's still not here.

A while back I sent someone something rather large by ParcelFarce and it sat in the depot for a few days as they forgot to put it in the van going south.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern England
I found the Sat Superstore web site a bit confusing. I couldn't find the dish on its own. I rang and was told its under spares and was told you can buy whatever you need or you could wait as there may be one for sale near Durham very soon, courtesy of TNT.

wod said:
lol 3 days to wait a 1.2m dish is massive so its not that hard to find or see it.

slightly off topic does the dish come with the az-el mount aswell as i dont need one and was thinking of ordering a 1.2m myself

R

Rd100

Andrews az-el mount does not come with the dish it is another andrews part thats why it has a Andrews part number on its own,

Why dont you put your 90cm andrew up if you do not want it you could always sell it to me,

wod said:

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
I dropped a pound coin two weeks ago. I later found it two metres away under the TV furniture.

Bet you're glad to know that. It was a big mystery. :D

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern England
Sat Superstore sent me an az-el maount even though I never asked for it, going to se if I have ben charged for it, when???? I get the invoice. Had so much hassle with TNT and my dish delivery, it was on the lorry today but the delivery ticket was facing the wrong way addressed to Sat Superstore, with my address in the other half. He gave me one parcel but refused to let me have the dish. Its getting really silly now and I am getting totaly fed up with it all. Its a wonder TNT make any money.

Rd100 said:
Andrews az-el mount does not come with the dish it is another andrews part thats why it has a Andrews part number on its own,

Why dont you put your 90cm andrew up if you do not want it you could always sell it to me,

andyw37

SkysNotTheLimit
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tring 90cm & Viasat
My Location
Moscow
I work on VSAT and DTH. Satellite superstore charge shed loads, Andrews & CM are totally overrated. Get a refund. Get a Gibertini, get Gregorian attachment, higher gain and the dish does not gather moss!!

Get a new supplier.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Saturlight said:
I dropped a pound coin two weeks ago. I later found it two metres away under the TV furniture.

Bet you're glad to know that. It was a big mystery. :D

I thought it was going to be found with a whole family of change after breeding under your TV... :p

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern England
:) Their Andrews dish is a fair price, not sure if the LNB and feedhorn is overpriced but its hard to find another supplier. As for Andrews being overated I took the advice of the majority who consider it to be better than other makes.

andyw37 said:
I work on VSAT and DTH. Satellite superstore charge shed loads, Andrews & CM are totally overrated. Get a refund. Get a Gibertini, get Gregorian attachment, higher gain and the dish does not gather moss!!

Get a new supplier.

R

Rd100

I have a trade account with andrew and the cost of the ku-band feedhorn for me is £25.95 and the dish is £65 these prices are trade & also plus vat & direct from andrew,

TJExcalibur said:
:) Their Andrews dish is a fair price, not sure if the LNB and feedhorn is overpriced but its hard to find another supplier. As for Andrews being overated I took the advice of the majority who consider it to be better than other makes.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern England
Well I never knew you could get it at trade or I may have asked but probaly not as its a bit of a cheek. So it is dearer from a satellite store but having been in business I know its a case of buying from box movers or from a place where the phone is answered, they answer technical queries and know the compatability of items. It all costs money and I suppose you are paying for service and peace of mind. :)

Rd100 said:
I have a trade account with andrew and the cost of the ku-band feedhorn for me is £25.95 and the dish is £65 these prices are trade & also plus vat & direct from andrew,