Thinking of ditching the Sky

G

gatton1

Sorry for hijacking but am thinking of ditching the Sky.

WIll a 60cm motorised dish be alright for picking up the satellites in South London.Or would i be better off pointing one dish at Astra with a Monoblock for picking up Hotbird as well.

If not, would a 80cm dish pick up most of the satellites i.e. Eutelsat.Just that I thought the 80cm dish would look a bit big up on a terraced house.

One more thing would a good installer come out and give you an opinion on what to have befor emaking your purchase?

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I would go for an 80cm, or even slighty bigger if you can get away with it, particularly if you are interested in good quality reliable reception on 16E.

T

twag42

My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
for the monoblock idea you would need at least an 80cm dish(triax 78cm-would be ideal).This would also be enough for the motorised idea,although i would recommend the triax 88cm dish.As for worrying about what your dish-size would look like on your house,after a few days you wont even notice it.Neither will the neighbours!!

TWAG