Thinking of ditching the Sky

gatton1

Reaction score
Sorry for hijacking but am thinking of ditching the Sky.

WIll a 60cm motorised dish be alright for picking up the satellites in South London.Or would i be better off pointing one dish at Astra with a Monoblock for picking up Hotbird as well.

If not, would a 80cm dish pick up most of the satellites i.e. Eutelsat.Just that I thought the 80cm dish would look a bit big up on a terraced house.

One more thing would a good installer come out and give you an opinion on what to have befor emaking your purchase?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I would go for an 80cm, or even slighty bigger if you can get away with it, particularly if you are interested in good quality reliable reception on 16E.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
for the monoblock idea you would need at least an 80cm dish(triax 78cm-would be ideal).This would also be enough for the motorised idea,although i would recommend the triax 88cm dish.As for worrying about what your dish-size would look like on your house,after a few days you wont even notice it.Neither will the neighbours!!

TWAG