Thor 1W in Cyprus

rikksow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Huge great Dish in Cyprus
My Location
Tomb Of the Kings
Is it possible to receive Thor 1W in Cyprus & If so what size dish will i need. I am in Paphos

thanks in advance
Rikk

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Depends what channels you want - there are about 5 different footprints in use at 1W. However, for anything on the Nordic beams - forget it.

rikksow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Tomb Of the Kings
Cheers Analoguesat

I was looking to get the Nordic Channels obviously that is a no no.

Really looking for some hacked alternatives for Hotbird. Especially Films & Prem Footy in English

English channels.

regards
Rikk

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Nothing available on 1W Nordic in that respect, now or for the forseeable future.

:(

quisling

Reaction score
Not sure there are many options without a lot of effort. With the price of an ART or DigitalB card, which are both on easy to get satellites in Cyprus, you could satisfy your requirements with minimal outlay.

rikksow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Tomb Of the Kings
Which is the better for english language films. Also what sort of price & cams (i.e. Seca) do they use.

regards
Rikk

quisling

Reaction score
Rikk,

DigitalB is best for films, although they show some UK football as well. The variety of films is good, both older classics and the latest stuff. Not seen much 'padding' so far...all the films are of a pretty high standard not US made for TV rubbish. You can buy a 6 month card from the UK for around 80 quid. Don't bother buying 12 months... you can keep your card and get it re-authorised by qouting it's number (if you decide to continue your subscription). You need a Conax cam, or a receiver which can emulate. I have a dreambox and it works fine on the internal reader.