Thor 2: Swedish Television

Reaction score
I have received an old Humax F1VA Receiver with a 80 cm disc. The receiver has "2 smart card readers for programmes and is encrypted for Viacess."
After reading through hundreds of pages I want to try to get a confirmation of my received knowledge. Please correct me if I got something wrong.

In order to see Conax-Encrypted Thor II Channels I need a MagicModule, a Matrix Reload or Conax CIM, although there is a Viaccess Module already installed on the receiver. I then need a Programmer. I also need a Interface card, which could be Fun Card. Is that correct??

Thanx for your help, If you want you could post me a link referring to the answer, I'd appreciate this too of course.

mole4319

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
You are correct.
To be able to view Conax encrypted channels (as long as the keys remain available - and new keys are being uploaded at the moment so it could all be gone by the weekend), you require any of the CAM's you mention.
You will also need with a Conax or MR CAM a Titanium card programmed with Conax files.
You will need a programmer (my favourite is Elvis used with TJs software) and if you get a MR 2 Fun cards will be needed for software upgrades

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
The best way to get conax is with a Titanium card in a MM, I not sure but does your receiver have a CI slot, this is not the same as a card slot.

The CI slot is where the cam goes.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The F1VA is not suitable for Conax reception, ask your dealer to change it for something with a CI slot. As mole4319 says, there is no guarantee anything in Conax will be available in a few days unless official subscription is obtained

livadia

Reaction score
ihave the titanium card and matrix reloaded module. i programming the titanium with conax keys (digiman), but not work. please give me some advice to see the channels in thor 2,3. what is wrong. is there something new about conax keys? where i can find it?
thanks.

The Fatty

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD
Nokia 9600S (DVB2000)
Skystar 2
My Location
Devon
i cant get this to work either poeple! ARRGH! lol