chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Anyone here got a three mobile phone ? i was thinking about signing up for the £12.50 offer and 500 mins calls a month.

Which is the best three handset to get ?

Chris

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Can't help with your choice as I'm not on the network but bear in mind that if you decide that you don't like the network then you're pretty much locked in.

I've read elsewhere that the SIMs are not compatible with GSM types as they use a different voltage. This means that you can't then use the phone with a GSM SIM, even assuming that the phone can use the GSM frequency allocations.

PaulR

sitlips

Reaction score
wouldnt bother with them mate they are the worst network going i have had to exchange my phone a total of ten times they have also taken me off contract due to me taking them to court and not only that i am still recieving a phone bill s for a phone which i dont even have for the 6th month running really bad customer services if anyone is having any diffilculty with this network then ring this number 0870 733 0295 this will get you talking straight to one of the executive offices:)

Nismo400R

Follow, Follow
Reaction score
My Location
Manchester UK
Hi Chris,

I recently signed up with three on the above deal you mentioned (though I think that the deal you mention expired at the end of April). I got the latest and smallest 3 fone, the Nec e616. Its a really good fone, plus you get free football highlights for a month!! there is a problem with the sim card as PaulR mentioned meaning that you could only use another three handset if you decided to change fones. With regards to network coverage, i have my fone set to 2.5G which means that it is not capable of streaming video on this setting it will always be capable of making voice calls and text like a normal fone, i have never had many problems on this setting and if I have ever lost coverage, my fone just roams over to o2 or any other UK network.

Hope this makes sense??

Nis

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Thanks for the update-

I was looking at getting the Nokia 7600. The new deal is free phone + 6 months half price line rental !!!!

Seems a good deal to me.

gben-server-AssetServer

Nismo400R

Follow, Follow
Reaction score
My Location
Manchester UK
Just had a look at that Nokia, looks ok and the deals great, it also comes with 3000 free texts a month for 3 months. Shame it cant do video calls though. :(

les74

Reaction score
I,ve had the moto A835 for 3months now on video talk 500 add unlimited (extra 10 quid) no probs with signal ect.Personally i think its the best phone on 3 at moment best standby ,talktime ect.also has 64mb of internal mem.and bluetooth downfall is they are big (brick)as most of 3 phones are because of what they can do, suppose they will get smaller..I do like the new L G model though no bluetooth....

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Been looking at the A925 But they want £149.99 for it on the talk 500 plan. So may go for the LG, looks a nice small phone.

Do youn know if call cost to collect emails are include in the talk 500 plan ? or will these be charged extra ?

thanks
Chris.

les74

Reaction score
Think i,m right in saying a small email of aprox 500 words costs 5p and 500 to aprox5000 words costs 25p and so on.Nice phone is the L.g. shame no bluetooth and batt life..

Nismo400R

Follow, Follow
Reaction score
My Location
Manchester UK
I agree, I like the LG but as les says, no bluetooth. I've actually got the Nokia on order off my mate who works at 3 who said he could swap my Nec for it. Magic!!!

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
I've just ordered the LG U8110. The three web site does say the emails cost 5p for a small email. Was not sure if this was after you had used all your call allowance.

I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives.

Chris