tips and tricks for your sky hd and sky+ box

jasonx1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
(sky hd pace hd 9F3004).samsung sky hd 1.4.3004 fitted with a 65cm triax solid dish. samsung 32" lcd tv .(philips dvd surround model 3020/05 mutiregion hack
My Location
hull city england
tips and tricks for sky hd and sky + systems

full system reset for sky hd (you will lose all recordings)

press services on remote .then go to settings .then press .0.0.1 then select on remote for new epg

for old epg press services type 4.0.1.select the full system reset

full system reset if cant access the menus (you will lose all recordings)

turn power off at mains . then on front off box hold down . left and right buttons in the dail area .hold and turn power on . the play lights up press select on box not remote .and let go off buttons now wait up to 5 mins

software download for buggy boxes

turn mains off to box . and hold down the backup button on the box .turn power on to box . and wait for all lighs to come on .if all lights come on let go off backup.
and wait for the box to reboot you know when all lights go out .

( please note if you have a lcd or plasma tv or older tv you may get screen burn from the logo off the software update so best turn tv off when doing this )

full system planner rebuild ( for slow epg missing listings ect)

press services on remote then go to settings then press 0.0.1 select on remote
for new epg then planner rebuild ..

for old epg press services then 4.0.1 select on remote then planner rebuild
(you will not lose any recordings or listings)

hope this makes a sticky postie

bobby12345678

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
not listed
My Location
leeds
known issue with the new viewing cards

you may find that you cannot record onto dvd/vhs , it might say something about a copyright protection, this is a know issue to the new viewcards, to fix this all you do is a download to the digibox (works on all sky digiboxes

turn off the digibox
press and hold back on the digibox itself
turn the digibox back on while holding the backup button untill all lights are on the digibox then let go.

this takes about 10 mins to complete

jasonx1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
(sky hd pace hd 9F3004).samsung sky hd 1.4.3004 fitted with a 65cm triax solid dish. samsung 32" lcd tv .(philips dvd surround model 3020/05 mutiregion hack
My Location
hull city england
what the hell you on about . copyright is for box office films . any sky box can transfer to tape or dvd . and how do you download to a digibox ? and holding the backup button is for software download for when the box is new or you have a bug in the software ..

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
i agree with jasonx.
i have never had a problem recording movies from sky tv uk or any other for that matter.
recorded ghost town last night.
there is no copyright protect anywhere on satellite.
if your box is set on the program and tv channel you want to record
and if you are connected with a scart then with the recorder set on av or aux or where evere it shows up it will record.
of you are using a modulated output then the vcr must be set and tunes to that channel.
if the sky box is set on channel 34 the vcr must be locked on channel 34.
other wise no program.
you have it probaly set up wrong somehow
ralph:)

JPDR

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky + HD Amstrad (NEW EPG) and a new style Amstrad MiniBox.
My Location
Stansted, Essex, UK
Bobby is aboslutely correct, there is a known issue with the new viewing cards and ordinarily copy protection free channels throwing up an error when exporting to DVD / VHS.

Simply because you haven't yet experienced the problem, doesnt men it doesn't, or even can't exist.

Tridant

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD x 2 and Multiroom, Sky BB Max 16Mb Unlimited, Q6600, 4GB Ram, 1.8Tb Hard disk space, 2 x Nvidia SLI, DVD +/- RW DL, 4 x NEC Multisync 1810 "18.1 inch monitors x Samsung HR734 DVD Recorders, other PC's Core2Duo etc. 50" Samsung Series 7 Plasma
My Location
Essex
As a newbie to this site (not newbie to Sky HD) I don't want to rock the boat but think if you just play back one film at a time then you don't get the copyright stuff, if you select 2 or more movies to copy and go for continuous playback and then goto sleep as I used to while they copy you might get the copyright messages, I used to get enter pin messages and have to sit there and do it all again the next day and mother it while it asked for pin on 18 movies (had tried turning off pin but couldn't be bother to go over it again). Hope this helps in what was a poorly explained question.....gulp:-ohcrap

makum101

Reaction score
My Location
Tenerife South, Torviscas Alto
My HD box keeps loosing some of its listings. I can get them back by switching the power off at the wall but it takes about 5 minutes before the thing boots up again.

If I do a Planner Rebuild will it be quicker than re-booting?

D

deleted

i think sky have some way of stopping recording to dvd recorders whereas the box gets a signal from the dvd recorder, i have read some manufactures have incorperated this to stop copyright theft.