Help Required TM5402 M3 Recording

Duke9

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Bedford
I have a Technomate TM 5402 HD M3 CI Super+ but I'm struggling to get recordings to work.

I have tried recording a feed, BBC1 and Sport1 which I have a HD+ card for, but when I try and play these on my laptop, there is just a blank screen and the video does not play. When I check the properties, there is no bit rate information, dimensions etc that are usually shown when I record on a cheap openbox.

I have updated codecs and tried 3 quick USB sticks and I'm getting the same problem on all.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
How are you trying to view the recordings? Have you tried VLC player? It normally plays most formats.
[EDIT]

Is the TM recording the encrypted streams (like on a $ky + box) or does it record the decrypted content?
Record a stream and try it on your laptop, when it fails to play, plug the USB stick back into the TM and try to play it back on the TM

Duke9

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Bedford
I have tried VLC and windows media player and neither show a video. I tried to play it on my tv and some files work but some say file not supported.

I also tried running it through a splitter but still no luck.

BBC is fta, feed was encrypted but neither record. The file size on the USB does indicate it's recording.

huve

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Faval SH 100, Mystique SaTiX-S2 Sky V2 USB, GI 110 cm, Inverto Black Ultra single
My Location
Helsinki
Try GOM player. If tm5402-m3 is a copy of some dr.hd model (or vice versa) gom player might play it.

"News - Dr.HD - Just what the doctor ordered!"

Q. I was told that the recordings made with the Dr.HD™ F16/F15/Grand/D15 can be opened on my PC with the free GOMplayer, without any conversion. After installing the GOM player, it says “Can not play the file.”

A. Yes, you can watch the recordings made with the Dr.HD receivers on any PC with the free GOM player, without any need for conversion. We (and our customers) tried it many times, and it works. Please go to the "GOMlab.com include technical information and download link of GOM Media Player, GOM Audio, GOM Video Converter and GOM Remote. " page, and download the latest version (free!). Then, read the manual at "" GOMlab.com include technical information and download link of GOM Media Player, GOM Audio, GOM Video Converter and GOM Remote.." There, you will find out how to download the missing codec, etc.