TM6900 Combo & HDD

SST12

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM6900 Combo. 160G HDD. Technomate TM6902 Super Combo, 1TB HDD. 1.2Mtr Channel Master dish & Polar mount, Samsung LED HDTV's
My Location
Eastern England. UK
Hi All

Iv'e had my TM 6900 Combo for about 3 weeks now and I must say what a receiver, the HD picture quality with my 50" Sony Bravia is ace.

I am using an Iomega 33848 portable 160GB hard disk (Staples £45 ish) connected and powered from an added rear USB socket, I have recorded numerous programs in HD and SD on both sat and freeview with no problems so far.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Yes nice machine, I fitted one only last week,very impressed :)

pelock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 6900 HD - 1 m Deck 1.2 Dish .
My Location
North Wales
How do you add rear USB socket, will the front one still work Thanks

SST12

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM6900 Combo. 160G HDD. Technomate TM6902 Super Combo, 1TB HDD. 1.2Mtr Channel Master dish & Polar mount, Samsung LED HDTV's
My Location
Eastern England. UK
WARNING! ONLY EXPERIENCED ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS SHOULD CARRY OUT THIS MODIFICATION AS THERE ARE DANGEROUS VOLTAGES INSIDE, IF IN DOUBT GET A QUALIFIED TECHNICIAN TO DO IT FOR YOU.

REMOVING THE COVER AND DISMANTLING YOUR TM6900 WILL INVALIDATE YOUR WARRANTY

Hi Pelock

I purchased a twin USB back plate from Maplins (which is basically 2 moulded usb sockets on flying leads with motherboard connectors on the ends).

I stripped down my TM6900 so a square hole was cut in the rear outer case then I removed 1 of the flying sockets off the computer back plate and bolted it to the rear of my TM6900 case, roughly in the middle keeping it away from the mains/ PSU.

I soldered the cable to the original front socket PCB, but you should remove the front 1 really as you can only use 1 socket at a time and may damage the motherboard if both USB sockets are used at the same time.

The wiring colours are standard USB

USB Socket Pin No. 1 on the left

Pin 1 +5v Red
Pin 2 D+ White
Pin 3 D- Green
Pin 4 GND Black
Shield Black Heatshrink.