Today marks six months

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Today marks six months without drinking a drop of alcohol or any kind of wine! six months of eating seven fruit and veg a day, drinking 10 glasses of water, no carbs and no red meat, with lots of 8 hr sleeps. The change in my body has been fantastic! I feel great, I lost weight and my way of thinking is very positive! I'm looking to keep this up because I choose to! No alcohol, eat only healthy foods, get lots of sleep and above all, an hour of exercise every day!
I don't know whose status this is, but I was so happy for them, I copied and pasted it !!

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Ha! You had me going for a moment there Rolf.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Had me worried there Rolf. Thought your next move was to be be going on a spiritual retreat in a cave somewhere :eek:

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Had me worried there Rolf. Thought your next move was to be be going on a spiritual retreat in a cave somewhere :eek:

After two bottles of scotch to celebrate.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
I'm not giving up my bacon sandwiches, lager, or chocolate, so it's not my status:)

A

Archive7

Not a drop of alcohol or coffee over the past 15 years. Lots of water and herbal tea.
I eat my favorite cakes and plenty of fish with white rice.
Now I know why I feel so miserable!!!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Haha, like others I was a bit taken aback at first reading it Rolf, very good:-applause

A

archive10

You laugh...

Since february I have abstained from carbo-hydrates, and eaten plenty of fat, protein, and veg.
No bread. No potatoes. No pasta. No rice. No cereals. No cake.
I have even given up beer. Mostly. (In favour of a glas of red wine... :))
And no sugar (sweets, sodas, cake again, anything like that).

Instead lots of egg, meat (any), veg, oil (vegtable), mayonnaise (with proper oil).
I have scrambled eggs with bacon for breakfast every day, with a massive dollop of mayonnaise, and tomatoes, cucumber etc.
I eat as much as I want at each meal.

It's called LCHF (Low Carbohydrate High Fat).

I have lost weight, yes. (About 5 kg.)
I can now fit the clothes I haven't been able to for many years (12, to be precise).
That took about three to four weeks.
...But that was not the point of the diet change.

The real point is that I feel a lot better wrsp to food and eating it.
I no longer feel bloated half of the day after having eaten.
Instead I do really feel better. More energy from the morning onwards.
I am full for many hours. No growling tummy from 10am until lunch.
All thanks to the high-fat level, means the body feels satiated, and will burn fat to make energy.
Not sugar. And not conversion of carbohydrates to sugar, then sugar.

(And, my, erhm, stool has never been firmer and easier to pass.)

This may not be for everyone.
Some people don't like the massive amounts of egg, and the avoidance of bread can be a bit inconvenient.
And believe you me, it is weird being in pasta/pizza-HQ (Italy), and not having any!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Sounds to me more like gluten intolerance from the growling tummy and loose stools, your diet would not do for everyone but works for some who have GI or IBS problems. I was only reading the other day why so many people now have gluten intolerance. It was claimed that because of the high use of glyphosate which is a herbicide, in wheat production which starts the process of drying the wheat prior to harvesting but also forces the not so mature wheat to crop before it dries. The not so mature wheat absorbs the glyphosate before drying which is then ingested when consumed. The body builds up an intolerance to this 'treated wheat' and fights the chemicals when eaten. My sister in law has had it for a long time and adopting a gluten free diet has worked for her, anyhow I am glad you have found a solution.

Last edited:

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Well done Rolf, I drink to that !