Topfield thread please

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Solo 4k PVR using Enigma2, Motorised Triax 1.1m, fixed Orbital 80cm dish with 3 LNB 13e, 19.2e and 28.5e 4/1 way diseqc Cas 3+ Diablo 2.3 & TRex 4.6 Rover SDM2 & Satlook HD
My Location
Cheshire.
I've just spent far too much on a Topfield7710 HD PVR reciever and whilst I've certainly liked some features I still think the Humax HDCI2000 is fantastic value and on a decent plasma gives an excellent picture IMHO.
Anyway as I try to get into this new box I'd welcome the experience of others. I've managed to get ITV HD on this using much the same method as I discovered on the Humax so I could post a fixed list if it would be helpful but I would like to discover the best out of the boxs' features. Is there really no lip sync adjustment? Is it really neccesary to page through 3500 channels 10 at a time unless you use alphabetical search? Could a moderator make a thread for Topfield HD so we can get a bit of community help please? Any answers to any of these questions appreciated!
Jem

jeivi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 7700 HSCI
My Location
Granada, Spain
developers said:
I've just spent far too much on a Topfield7710 HD PVR reciever and whilst I've certainly liked some features I still think the Humax HDCI2000 is fantastic value and on a decent plasma gives an excellent picture IMHO.
Anyway as I try to get into this new box I'd welcome the experience of others. I've managed to get ITV HD on this using much the same method as I discovered on the Humax so I could post a fixed list if it would be helpful but I would like to discover the best out of the boxs' features. Is there really no lip sync adjustment? Is it really neccesary to page through 3500 channels 10 at a time unless you use alphabetical search? Could a moderator make a thread for Topfield HD so we can get a bit of community help please? Any answers to any of these questions appreciated!
Jem

Hi from Spain,

I have a Topfield 7700 HSCI HD. I can watch BBC HD but not ITV HD. ¿Is possible to watch ITV HD on Topfield 7700? In the main page of ITV, says that you must press the "red button on your remote control". I don´t understand,,,,

Thank you from Granada

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Solo 4k PVR using Enigma2, Motorised Triax 1.1m, fixed Orbital 80cm dish with 3 LNB 13e, 19.2e and 28.5e 4/1 way diseqc Cas 3+ Diablo 2.3 & TRex 4.6 Rover SDM2 & Satlook HD
My Location
Cheshire.
On the 7710 I had to do a search for Brit Shorts then adjust the settings for ITV HD using the Vega editor so yes it's possible. See http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/freesat/125185-itv-hd-tf7700hd-pvr.html for how others did it on the 7700. BTW I don't need to flick back and forth to Radio to get sound with my method.
Jem

How about some support for a sub forum for the Topfield series?

irart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Freesat in UK,
Astra 1 ana/dig in UK
using Technomate -5000 DAPCI,
Astra 2 South Beam and Eurobird in Spain.
My Location
Cornwall, UK
Jeivi, I think "the press red button on your remote control" is referring to Sky digi box receivers only.