toroidal dish, multiple lnb, system advice

pez909

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6900 HD COMBO Super
My Location
Scotland
Hi,

I had a 1M Channel Master motorised dish since the early/mid 1990s until a few years ago. Never needed to know all this other basic stuff so out of the loop - these may seem a bit noob-ish.

I'm looking at a toroidal 90cm with several LNBs across the east arc (I can see 50E to 50W no problem). I've been reading about these on this site.

Firstly can this be mounted on a wall on the side of a house, which is what I'm after? Would I need to buy certain additional brackets if it's not standard?

Say it has eight LNBs on this, that's likely eight bits of cable from each. Where does all these go? Do they fit into a splitter unit that sits outside or inside the home? (Any recommendations of such a device).

Will it then take a single feed to the receiver - I assume the receiver won't take all the LNBs? Really I'm not wanting multiple coax cable inside the house as we don't have the room under the floor. It was fine with the motor as there was only like two bits of cable - one from the LNB and one from the motor/dish.

Also, I'm looking at the Dreambox 7025... I take it is the best sat box / latest model? (Is there different versions of the same model). It being complex doesn't matter. Is this fine for toroidal with multiple LNBs? Looking for FTA and SCPC/feeds. Can this thing blind find feeds?

Thanks for your help.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

With any multi-LNB setup, the usual thing to do is to have a Diseqc switch outside, with just one cable coming in.

There is more than one way to do the diseqc switching, you can get 8 way and 10 way diseqc switches. Or you can cascade uncommitted and commited ones. Search for posts by hakon (I think it was) he had a torroidal with lots of lnbs on it.

found it-
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...-multifeed-wft-90-some-modification-done.html

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Get a top quality brand when it comes to the diseqc as it must be waterproof or You will face problems later on.

The dreambox works fine with this setup. Consider a HD box while You are shopping. There are a few good ones out on the net.

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
Just to add that apparently (according to some) the Toroidal 90 is quite heavy --- a factor to consider in relation to the intended wall mounting.

daro2096

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No setup at present
My Location
Consett, Durham
A seller is selling a 16/1 switch on Ebay from Germany. It costs £60 though.

pez909

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6900 HD COMBO Super
My Location
Scotland
Thanks for all your help.

I don't believe that 16/1 is waterproof housed going from the "ohne Wetterschutzgehäuse".

Do any UK shops sell such beasts (anything above 4/1)?

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
B & Q stocked a 6x1 not long ago; also, I once bought an 8x1 on US ebay.

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 x CM 1.2m matching C120 feedhorn and Invacom 0.3db twin output LNB.50 degrees East to 42 degrees West.1 x CM 1.2m AZ/EL mount matching C120 feedhorn and twin output Invacom 0.3db
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
with IRL $ky sub. Coship FTA
My Location
40kms NE of Antwerp,Belgium.
Because of my changing system I'm considering one of these dishes.

Want to set up 28.2,26,19,16,13,10,7 East 1&5 West.

How would dish pull in Arabsat on 26 East comparing to my current Triax TD 110?

This dish seems like a good solution if you want to cut down on dish numbers.

Any comments welcome.;)