Nigel Robertson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Toroidal T90
2x LNB (19.2 & 28.2)
Dreambox DM500HD
My Location
Lopiersdorf bei Fuerstenfeld, Austria
Hi, I have a T90 fitted with 2x LNBs (19.2 & 28.2) - works fine (well sort of...).
19.2 signal strenth is fine (70-80%) on all transponders.
28.2 on SOME providers such as "Quest", "Santana" are giving me a signal strenth of 80% - BUT some providers such as S*Y etc are showing 25% making them unwatchable.

i am now confused to know how to modify the 28.2 LNB or entire system to improve signal strenth enough on the S*Y channels without screwing up the entire aligmnent of the other channels that are now working.

any tips ??

thanks

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
I'd look at two things : Is your T90 adjusted with a slight tilt to mirror the satellite arc? In addition, have you adjusted the skew on the 28E LNB?

BTW, which sat is the dish centered on, 19E or 28E? You may also be a little too far out of the footprint to pick up all the channels from 28E reliably on a T90...

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hi, I have a T90 fitted with 2x LNBs (19.2 & 28.2) - works fine (well sort of...).
19.2 signal strenth is fine (70-80%) on all transponders.
28.2 on SOME providers such as "Quest", "Santana" are giving me a signal strenth of 80% - BUT some providers such as S*Y etc are showing 25% making them unwatchable.

i am now confused to know how to modify the 28.2 LNB or entire system to improve signal strenth enough on the S*Y channels without screwing up the entire aligmnent of the other channels that are now working.

any tips ??

thanks

You will probably be out of footprint for the UK beams - and there are a lot of channels using those now, both UK PSB & Sky.

The ones you will be getting ok are on the Europe transmission beams.

Have a look at the map in my sig - it will give you an idea of what dish size may be required for the uk spots in your location