Toshiba satellite pro 6000 fan problem

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
Hi mates,

My Toshiba satellite pro 6000 "hangs" after 2 hours of continuous use.

I removed the keyboard to see the cooler and noticed that the fact is not spinning.

I remove the fan plug and applied a 5v power direct to check whether it is not fecked and I was happy that it spinned.

I noticed that the Fan spinned once only with the one hour I was observing it (after I have plugged the socket back on the main board).

I intend to hard wire the fan to a 5v power point on the mainboard as I feel that the circuit which triggers the fan may be fecked - This would be as a last resort.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

drag0nfly_69uk

Reaction score
My Location
essex boy
yes you can do that if you want, no harm done, the battery wont last more than 10mins with the fan running at full blast, and ohh the noise !!! fan on tosh laptop rarely runs unless you are really working that CPU to death with all that numbers crunching, could be something else hanging it instead

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Start and run the 6000 in safe mode and see if it also crashes in the same sort of time frame. If not , then you should be looking elsewhere for the problem.

A number of conflicts can arise with certain wireless network devices, have you tried disconnecting one if you have it ?

boxnut

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
turnkey 700mhz athelon .5gb ram,120 gb,drive
j-test j-tag setup
you might make sure there are no obstructions at the vents,,does your bios have temp. display ??
'boxnut'